« Back to All Topics
To the mod squad
Posted in 
Off-topic
To the mod squad
Posted in 
Off-topic
To the mod squad
dear mods,i know you are all doing a difficult job here keeping the loonys under control but,i was banned for three days for what i considered was a joke on my part...i understand cetain mods from different countries dont understand the humour of a certain country......but to prevent bitterness from people banned for what ever reason they consider unfair.......dont u think its about time u gave ur reasons for banning them ...rather than let them hold their heads in their hands and think...what have i done or said now? just a simple explanation of why it was considered offensive might make certain people not write such posts again...
hehe..
im banned regulary so im really used to it now..
but you have a good point there

-Minni Me
And,more importantly.......the mod that bans....has to give the explanation
in the forum i mean..not the games...
They do give you a reason if you try to log in.
Omg i cant belive im bout to say this but i totally agree with Jingle Balls, The mod that bans should leave the reason and not give that same stupid one as to for inapropriate language, vulgarity, harassment, etc. Try giving the exact reason what was said maybe you wont get alot more complaints. Which i doubt but hey couldn't hurt any right,. Hopefully this will get posted not sure since I have a 3 day demerit. Or it will just get deleted like my other reply to What are mods and who are they.
Hello doc, my "friend". I was trying to write you few nice words, funny even, but nothing comes to my mind.
I feel like I was trying for so long to change the world, and get nothing else than trouble. Now is me the one who needs help, so, HELP, doc!!!!!!

Lucia
And for the moderators....guys, stop banning people. Better try to be funny and try put all together; that will brings you, all, more satisfaction (even brings also troubles).
Cheer up holly folly,you cant change the world on your own,be your own happy self and forget about the miserable ones :|
they do give you a reason silence, but not a reason of why it was concidered offensive..i was banned for a joke that every english person would understand ...obviously some mod from another country didnt realise the joke .. but i realise mods have it tough
like start the moderator forum again and all mods must post after the bann sombody.
they do watch the forums,dont u know nothing?
Do you have ADD no one said anything like that. 

We think the mods shoul;d have to post in the moderator forum giving the exact reason not just rasicst why rasicst........
seems fair enough...  however..  my opinion is..
it would become just like a "Dear Moderators" only with more insults..  :p

maybe worth a look though....
keeping in mind...mods are really not permitted to discuss moderation actions... especially with 3rd parties...if a moderated user posts a message directed at me.. I'll reply to it 
IF
 it was I who awarded the moderation action to that user.

GHOST
So how do we know which mod "awarded" the demerit or ban ghostrider?
thinkin about it a bit longer.....you've got a point there ghost..... would lay the mods open to a few more insults.....no magic solution here lol
I'm not convinced there will ever be a neutral ground.... just as in real life.... indivudual personalities can clash.... the long term goal of the forums would be (in my opinion) to provide a place for game players to exchange ideas..  set up matches.. 
& as the guidelines say....a place where "cultured conversation" exists.

internet friends can become a community of sorts.. a safety zone for parents to allow their kids to visit with out worries of improper conduct or content.. many players here are "family people"  and would like to see this "community" become this way.
it's not there yet....  and may never be free of individuals who get some kind of lame thrill by bashing or harassing others.. you can pretty much tell after a couple of incidents in the games or message postings who the "regular" trouble makers are.. one by one..  they leave after discovering there is little room for this kind of conduct....anyway....  
on with the Bar-B-Q....got some good eats to cook up...

see you all later.. 

GHOST
Ghost *thumbs up* its nice to see a mod that actually respons to forums that was (#440 ) and one that has a good chunk of common sense above there shoulders.