« Back to All Topics
A/S/L?????
Posted in 
Billiards
A/S/L?????
Posted in 
Billiards
A/S/L?????
   Why?  Why do you guys do that EVERY time?  Whatever happended to "hi I'm Fudley...what's your name?"  It's like being pulled over when you're driving, and the cop says "license and registration."  It's RUDE!  The last thing I want to tell anybody who demands I respond...is an answer to their question.  What happens after that can be even worse...If I simply don't reply (not because I'm a snob, but because I don't like the way I've been talked to) they either get mad, get silent, or ask a/s/l? over and over faster and faster until it's like there is a dog humping my leg. If I do reply... some cut right to the chase..."you got big jugs?"...I was actually asked that, by a person who turned out to be 13 years old.  Unbelievable.
Now some of you are laughing, some because they've been through it, and others because they can't wait to do it to someone as soon as they get back to the pool room.  There isn't really anything I or anyone else can do to stop it.  Keep this in mind though...you keep it up, and you rely on that approach, and you're never going to find out anything about anybody in the future...no one is going to be able to stand talking to you...let alone anything else.  Speaking for myself (although I know that there are others who feel as I do) I just came into the POOL room because I wanted to shoot POOL.  I didn't come in here to find a smooth talking ape man.(boy).  If you want to meet people of the opposite $ex...I suggest you try getting off the stupid computer and going outside where there are people to meet. (keeping in mind that you may want to adjust your approach) Also...won't you get in trouble if your mommy catches you acting that way?
I have met many many wonderful people here in the pool room, both male and female.  I am ALWAYS glad to see them when I log on...I'm not trying to say that this is not the place for social interaction...what I am saying is that some of you...if I could reach you...I would slap you.  For those of you who meant no harm, perhaps this will open your eyes...for those of you who continue to do it anyway...there's a reason why all the girls at school treat you like that.

Roxanne

I 
 TOTALLY 
 agree with u....its a constant thing they either keep asking, or start saying rude stuff, or they leave... Men this is a pool site u wanna know someones a/s/l goto a dam chatroom.
I'd recommend you either don't answer them or lie. If someone keeps hassling you about a/s/l, or as peachy pointed out starts being rude to you, that's something the mods need to know about.

Just a thought.
i have to come 2 the defence of us men here :p lol

its also females that do this not just us guys iv had girls constantly asking me over n over my a/s/l n wont leave until i tell em or mute em ;) it does get anyoying sometimes expecially when your playing an important ladder game :)

:)Pot:)
It's always annoying when people come into a game uninvited, either to harrass you or just to distract the players. I think with the advent of all this modern technology that FlyOrDie has put in, something should be done about this.

But here is not the place to discuss that, I'll make a seperate topic, and leave this to get back to the original point.
I think it's great that people ask for a/s/l! It's a great way to meet new friends!
Funniest is someone comes to game as guest and directly write ''asl''  ..:)
hmm, tells you alot about the person then, if they ask for asl first ,doesnt it?

Sure its a good way to make friends, but it gets way out of hand... I would say women ask it more tho, and i find they are the people who get mad and flame you for not answering.

Im not sayin guys dont do it, both genders do.. the bottom line is can be very annoying, sometimes mute isnt even enough... ive seen a few people who wont play until you tell them, theyll wait till like 3 seconds to timing out, then theyll shoot and ask you again
umm im too lazy to read your esssay roxanne....

anyway who gives a flying %*#$ if they ask u for asl....

like someone said, either u ignore them or u lie.

HOW HARD IS THAT? probabaly 90% of the people on here lie about themselves anyway...even though it doesnt really make sense..i guess in some strange way they actually feel better about themselves when they lie about their descriptions...

I think that's a whole other topic there chess...tell ya what...you post one about that subject, and I'll do my best to read whatever it is you're trying to say.  If you had read what I wrote then you wouldn't have asked me the question in the first part of your message. I don't care if people ask me questions...I don't like the way the little rug rats ask is all...as far as lying about who you are...ummm...ok...you go on ahead...I'll just shoot some pool.

Roxanne
well your right prince, they ask me the same thing

"m or f?"

Does king sound like a female name? :( :p 
"save the nails"
hey guys asl? lmao hehehehehehe
yes, why they ask?  and why they leave when i say im male?  not like they gona score  :S
This happens when people are too lazy to type and make up an annoying abbreviation.  Also forget getting a girl online, you can talk but are you going to find her and $crew...
 ;)