Forums » Boulder Dash XMAS
Washdown - Explicit
Replies: 5   Pages: 1   Most recent reply posted by: silby1867 (Mar 22, 2008 3:32 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 5   Pages: 1  
sukeyj

Washdown - Explicit Posted: Sep 21, 2004 10:31 AM
Go up one level from where you appear and push the boulder to the top of the wall. Leave one mound of snow next to the wooden fence on the left. Clear two snow mounds away from the left side of the top barrel. Then move straight down absorbing the next 2 barrels and on down until you are directly across from the side of the green goo on the bottom right side. Move to the left and clear the snow from side of the bottom right goo (do not expose the other two goo blocks & leave the extra life). Move back to the right following the path you just made and go straight up until you are two spaces to the left and down one from the corner of the inside square where the firebirds are rotating. When you see the firebird being chased by the frog wait until the firebird is two spaces away from the turn and blow fire killing the frog but not the firebird. (If you blow too soon you kill the 1st firebird; too late and the 2nd firebird dies. When this happens, I just go down grab the extra life and start over.) Move straight up directly next to the vertical stone wall and go to the 2nd row of goo from the bottom. Blow the fire against the goo. Move straight up until you are directly beside the boulder on the top and blow fire again toward the top row of green goo. Push the snowball to the right just before the single fireball makes the turn down the left side of the bottom square. Run back to the left and wait for the single firebird to come over the wall and release the wooden fence on the top left side. Move down a path one space from the far left side clearing side of the top left goo). Wait 2 spaces above and to the right of the bottom left goo. As the 1st fireball is killed move down into the balls so that you are not destroyed by the 2nd one hitting the top left goo. As the 3rd fireball moves to the top of the screen, move quickly to the right and clear the top of the goo on the right side. Move back to the balls and hide in them until the 3rd fireball returns to the bottom right of the screen and is killed by the last goo. Collect all of the balls (this includes the extras) and exit. You cannot get all of the balls and the extra life so don’t even try for the extra life. Hope this helps, let me know.

silby1867

Re: Washdown - Explicit Posted: Sep 21, 2004 10:54 AM
Sukey, I did it! I did it!
Thanks a million!
How long have we been playing this game?

sukeyj

Re: Washdown - Explicit Posted: Sep 22, 2004 12:15 AM
Whoo-hoo,silby! I think we have been playing for about 47 years... and I still haven't beaten Supplement. I lost the visuals when my computer crashed and now that is the only level I haven't beaten. Oh, well, as I go forth into my dotage, perchance Supplement will be my not so holy grail.

silby1867

Re: Washdown - Explicit Posted: Sep 22, 2004 7:38 AM
Ok Sukey I'll return the compliment. Here are step by step instructions for Supplement.

U2 R1 U4. Go R to the end and U3 D1 L1 D1.
Go L to the channel and D1 and R so that you are now underneath a snowball.
Push it almost to the end and leave it there. DON'T push it into the channel yet.
Go back to the channel and make a new line to the R. The 1st ball will fall but that's OK. Push the next ball over but leave a space between them.
Do it one more time. You should now have 3 balls lined up and spaced apart on the same level as the top of bottom set of logs.
Now follow the channel back down to the bottom. Blowing the snow from the top of the logs. Make sure not to go straight down. You need that little shelf by the side of the logs.
Go R to the end then U2 L1 U1 D1 L1 *R1 * R1.
There should now be 4 balls spaced along the line.
D2 L to the end. Follow the channel up. Go R and push the first ball over. It will fall into the space below and to the R of the logs. Now on top of that gently place the bomb. You have now built up the level and you should be able to push the remaining 3 balls through and get all the sparkles.
I have no idea how you get the extra life.
Exit top left.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Good luck.

silby1867

Re: Washdown - Explicit Posted: Dec 14, 2005 11:42 AM
This is for me as much as anyone else.

I followed Sukeyj's instructions but just want to clarify a couple of things.

You drop the stone just AFTER the 1st firebird has gone down the left hand side not before.

Following Sukeyj's instructions means that you have a track which will separate the 2 firebirds or both will be killed at once.

Always clear the snow from the goo from the side NOT above or you won't get the 9 gems.

I can't even tell you how many goes it took to get that level finished!

silby1867

Re: Washdown - Explicit Posted: Mar 22, 2008 3:32 AM
I've just noticed that some of Sukeyj's instructions had got their left & right mixed up. This is a corrected version.

Go up one level from where you appear and push the boulder to the top of the wall.

Leave one mound of snow next to the wooden fence on the left.

Clear two snow mounds away from the left side of the top barrel. Then move straight down absorbing the next 2 barrels and on down until you are directly across from the right side of the green goo on the bottom left side.

Move to the left and clear the snow from left side of the bottom right goo (do not expose the other two goo blocks & leave the extra life).
Move back to the right following the path you just made and go straight up until you are two spaces to the left and down one from the corner of the inside square where the firebirds are rotating.

When you see the firebird being chased by the frog wait until the firebird is two spaces away from the turn and blow fire killing the frog but not the firebird. (If you blow too soon you kill the 1st firebird; too late and the 2nd firebird dies. When this happens, I just go down grab the extra life and start over.)

Move straight up directly next to the vertical stone wall and go to the 2nd row of goo from the bottom.

Blow the fire against the goo.

Move straight up until you are directly beside the boulder on the top and blow fire again toward the top row of green goo. Push the snowball to the right just before the single fireball makes the turn down the left side of the bottom square so that it follows it down.

Run back to the left and wait for the firebirds to come over the wall and release the wooden fence on the top left side.

Move down a path one space from the far left side clearing side of the top left goo and
move down into the balls so that you are not destroyed by the 2nd one hitting the top left goo.

As the 3rd fireball moves to the top of the screen, move quickly to the right and clear the top of the goo on the right side.

Move back to the balls and hide in them until the 3rd fireball returns to the bottom right of the screen and is killed by the last goo.

Collect all of the balls (this includes the extras) and exit.

You cannot get all of the balls and the extra life so don’t even try for the extra life.

If you are still having trouble then email me silby1867@yahoo.com as I have some screen shots which show the path you have to make to separate the 2 firebirds.
Good luck.

Replies: 5   Pages: 1  
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page