Forums » Boulder Dash XMAS
pincer
Replies: 22   Pages: 2   Most recent reply posted by: hapicat (Nov 20, 2007 4:47 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 22   Pages: 2   [ Go: 1 2 » ]
sukeyj

pincer Posted: Jul 15, 2003 10:20 AM
Please help with this level. Thank you.

OPERATOR

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 15, 2003 2:28 PM
Try to get as much stone through the walls as possible...

OP

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 16, 2003 2:19 AM
Thanks, Operator, but that was not very helpful. I figured out that I have to get the stones through the walls but how do I blow the walls open? I have tried everything I can think of yet the sparklies do not do me any good if I can't collect them. Thanks again.

OPERATOR

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 16, 2003 8:08 AM
Try to use the firepacks...

OP

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 16, 2003 9:39 AM
I have used the firepacks. I can get one wall blown but not the 2nd. Is there a reason for the terseness of your answers instead of being helpful? Maybe someone can be more expansive.

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 16, 2003 10:18 AM
We're all stuck on Pincer. The operator isn't being terse. He's trying to be as helpful as possible without giving the game away.
If we give a step by step guide then no one can complain as we are just players but if the operator does it they can be told off for spoiling another's fun!

I personally don't ask for help until I have explored every possiblility dozens of times. You know... you do one thing and it doesn't work so you do it again in the hope that this time it just might

Hang on in there. One of us will find the way... one day.

In the meantime Mr Operator can you offer any other hints?

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 16, 2003 10:58 AM
OK. This is NOT the solution. I am still trying on that but this is the way I enter BOTH chambers.

To enter the right chamber come up the logs then along the top to the boulders at the end.
Come back to the log block second from the end near the frog go straight up to bring the snowball down. Jump over it and go back down to stand on the bottom under the frog. Go up to the snow ball and then right and wait behind the snowball you dropped. The frog will go down first. Push the snowball over as he comes up. This will break open the wall. Go inside the chamber and clear it. Go under the 2 boulders at the end, clear the snow and they will fall in.

Drop the snowballs one by one and collect them. I haven't perfected getting every single one of them maybe someone else can help there. You should be able to get to the chillis now. Use these to blow the left hand chamber.
Go far left along the top of the logs and blow down on the 2 boulders. They will fall though and you can enter the chamber. Drop the snowballs as before.

As I said this ISN'T the solution because I can't gather enough gems and sometimes falling snowballs block the left hand chamber.

Can any one improve on this or tell me that I am going about it completly wrong. I'm humble I can take it

cachord

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 16, 2003 11:03 AM
Hello Sukly, I can assure you that this one is tough, but workable. There are a couple of secrets. One is to kill the frog at a high level so that there is a bank at least level with each side of the top of the logs. You have to get all the sparkles that you can. When you have done this, there is still a trick to getting those that are stacked on the far left and the far right or you will always come up one or two short. When you have worked most of the middle of the right side or the left go to which ever side you are working on and get the ones that are stacked on top of each other and covering the pepper uncovered. move at least two of these to the middle without blocking them and you will know how to finish after that. Will check back to see if this helps.

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 17, 2003 2:44 AM
Dear Mr. Operator, Did not know that you are a moderator and now realize your limitations with assisting. I was not attempting rudeness. I attempt many, many different things before I ask for help. I will try to not to ask for too much assistance from now on. I really enjoyed GemJam and completed it successfully with Diamonds at every level and just wanted the same success with this. I will persevere. Mea Culpa for using the word "terse".

cachord

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 17, 2003 11:29 AM
Came back to check and see if you have had any success??

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 17, 2003 1:26 PM
Cachord, thanks. Have actually figured out how to change 35 snowballs into sparklies but cannot get into the 2nd chamber to collect them. I use the first fire canister to lower the blocks but then cannot get into the chamber. Cannot figure out how to use the 2nd fire canister to open the wall.

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 17, 2003 3:42 PM
Hi Sukeyj,
Are you using the cannister from the right hand side to open the left chamber? If so you have to stand right on top of the boulders. Blowing down will break through two layers of snow beneath them and the should fall inside the chamber allowing you entrance.

How did you manage to get all the sparkles? I haven't been working on this for a while but I couldn't get them all.

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 17, 2003 11:15 PM
Whoo-hoo! I DID IT!!!!!! I got all 35 sparklies and got out with 23 seconds to spare. Okay, I didn't get the three bonus sparklies...but I will. As to how I got all of them. It was a matter of building meticulous bridges and steps through the snow. Rather tedious and time consuming. The best I can suggest is blow the left wall with the frog(?) and then go into that side clear the snow and drop the blocks. Clear out the bottom until you reach the sparkle factory & go back to the far left side of the screen, create a tunnel up to the 3rd snowball from the left and the build horizontal tunnels and steps to keep the three snowballs from falling all at once. You can reach the fire canister & then make your way to the right side and blow the snow to drop the blocks and get into the enclosure. If you need more help, I'll try to think this through more clearly to help. Now, I am off to try to solve it again and get all 3 bonus sparklies! Will let you know if I succeed, if you are interested. Again, whoo-hoo!

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 17, 2003 11:30 PM
How do you kill the frog on the left hand side? When I try, he gets me before I can get him!

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 18, 2003 12:29 AM
Go left one space to side of wall, go up 3 spaces, right 2 spaces, down one space, left one space, the snow will form an inverted L, go back up and head **** the snowball and move one space to the right staying behind the snow ball all the way down to the mound of snow. (Do not lower any more snow!) Then as the frog comes down the left side and runs under the snow mound, push the snowball over the edge and konk the frog. It will take careful timing. He will blow up and take the wall with him. Let me know if this helps or if I need to be clearer.

Replies: 22   Pages: 2   [ Go: 1 2 » ]
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page