Forums » Boulder Dash XMAS
pincer
Replies: 22   Pages: 2   Most recent reply posted by: hapicat (Nov 20, 2007 4:47 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 22   Pages: 2   [ Go: « 1 2 ]
silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Jul 18, 2003 7:22 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I made it! The trick is to come up the left side after you've konked the frog walk along the top of the logs and stop 4 blocks from the end. Go up 1 and along to come up under the 2nd ball from the end. Down and left and they should line up one on top of the other. You can work the next bit out.
Collect your chilli and walk along the logs to the right. Stop 4 blocks from the end and go up 2 this time. Now right one (You should be under the block of logs.) Down 1 and blow fire. Move 1 left then up under the 2nd ball from the end. They should fall into line. Repeat the same action as on the left. Good luck!

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Feb 10, 2004 9:46 AM
I can't believe I'm still trying to properly finish this game!

I do everything I should and get everyone of the rocks to fall through the gem factories but I am still 1 short. Where is it? It is an extra one.

It must be the one I use to kill the frog and open the left side but in that case how do I kill the frog?

Please don't leave me hanging on this one. I bet the solution is something really simple and I'm just missing it!

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Mar 23, 2004 11:26 PM
silby, did you ever get the extra last gem? I can get everything but the last one which has to be the boulder I use to kill the frog. Any body know how to kill the frog and save the boulder?

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Mar 24, 2004 12:33 AM
No, I'm in the same boat as you. Why don't we ever get any support from the operators?
I can't imagine how you can kill the frog without using the boulder. There isn't any thing else that you could use and you need to kill him to blow a hole in the wall.
I don't know about this game.
I loved Gem Jam it was really challenging, but I wonder if there haven't been mistakes made on this game. There is definately no way to get the extra gems on XMAS they just aren't there. I'm not sure about this one either.
Supplement is a doosy. I think I did it once, I just can't remember how.
Washdown can be done it just takes time, I haven't managed it yet!
Showdown... I haven't a clue how to get the extra gem.
That just leaves Intruder. The purple goo is too obtrusive, I'm lucky to get 2 sparkles.
Otherwise I've done the rest.
How about you?

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Apr 1, 2004 8:56 AM
Dear Operators,
As we (the players) are all in the same boat...got this far but no further... could you please read our posts and answer our queries?

Do I have to repeat where we are having problems or are you able to read the previous post which itemises them?

Your games are terrific. The quality of the graphics and the general content of the games are great but you must admit to yourselves that your support leaves much to be desired. I am not a lone voice calling in the wilderness, many of us feel the same.

This is how it works. We go on a new level and we work at it and work at it until we conquor it. If we can't, then and only then do we come on here and ask for help.

You don't need to outline in great detail just a quick hint is sometimes enough to speed us on our way.

I think I've been quite patient up until now so please answer my query as I have no intention of letting go.

sukeyj

Re: pincer Posted: Apr 1, 2004 9:18 PM
Moderators, I must add my plea to silby's. I have played these games for quite awhile and I love them. They are challenging, fun and well constructed. I have completed GemJam and obtained all of the extra gems. In a few months, I'll try it again. But, with Xmas 20002, there are, literally, a few levels that appear impossible to complete with all of the extra gems. I am frustrated with repeatedly trying completing Pincers and Xmas and not being able to envision a method of obtaining the extras. And as far as Supplement and Griddle, I've yet to make it through those levels. When asked for a tiny hint, you guys, the Moderators, mostly don't even acknowledge us. But, I now humbly beseech you to provide us with some type of assistance(i.e., hint, clue, sign, inkling, pointer, indication) as to how to approach these difficult levels. I look forward to the assistance and the next game. Thank you.

silby1867

Re: pincer Posted: Apr 5, 2004 9:18 AM
I did it!

Thanks to the Operator for pointing me in the right direction and Sukeyj for the invaluable tip about the frog's movements.

Why did it have to take so long?

hapicat

Re: pincer Posted: Nov 20, 2007 4:47 AM
I can not get through this level. Is it possible.:? I read all the posts. Did what they said. I can kill the frog and brake one wall. I use the blow fire at the stones on the end and they drop. I always get two or three together and then one falls back in the chamber and blocks it. I just think it is impossible. Can I get a review of the steps to solve this please. Some of the reply s didnt work. Dont kill the frog. That didnt work. I open the wall with the frog in the long narrow chamber at the bottom. You said kill the frog high. What does that mean.?
thanks for any help. I am tired of being stuck here.

Replies: 22   Pages: 2   [ Go: « 1 2 ]
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page