Forums » Boulder Dash XMAS
washdown
Replies: 16   Pages: 2   Most recent reply posted by: hapicat (Jan 2, 2009 4:19 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 16   Pages: 2   [ Go: 1 2 » ]
sukeyj

washdown Posted: Jul 28, 2003 2:12 AM
Silby & cachord, help, please! :0 What do I do with this level? Any hints? Thanks

cachord

Re: washdown Posted: Jul 28, 2003 12:46 PM
Hi Sulky, the secret to this one is to first kill the frog by blowing peppers, but don't kill the firebird or ball. Then work and get the fireballs all the way over to the little squares of goo on the left hand side. You have to use the other two peppers to clear out the goo on the right so they do not run into it. See if this helps and I will be back to check on you late. I am sure silby will too. Good Luck!!

silby1867

Re: washdown Posted: Jul 28, 2003 1:40 PM
I'm out of action again. Every time my PC has a glitch it wipes my games off. I am waiting to hear from the owners. I don't know why it only affects my fly or Die games all my other programmes are fine. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I can't improve on what Cat has said anyway. You just have to open up the right hand side so that they can pass to the left and get zapped there. Good luck.

sukeyj

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 1, 2003 1:22 PM
Still need help...always need 7-12 more sparkles. Please?

suit u sir

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 1, 2003 2:08 PM
sorry cant help

cachord

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 2, 2003 12:07 AM
Hi Sukeyi, let's try again. Get the bottom pepper and go wait by the wall until the firebird with the frog right behind it comes. Just as the firebird passes, blow the pepper and kill the frog and the wall drops one stone. Go and push the snowball over the side, or on top of the wall, and go back and get the other two peppers. Thru the wall blow one pepper in the top middle of the goo and the other in the bottom part. This will open the goo so that the firebirds do not touch it as they pass. Drop the snowball over the wall and this will change the direction the fireballs are traveling and make them come to the left hand side, where they will hit the single pieces of green (I think it is green) goo and you will get nine sparkles each time the hit it. You can make a path to the goo on the left to direct them when they pass over the wall, and make sure that the hit the one on the bottom left, because this one blocks the exit. You do not even have to get all three over the wall to the left. You can get one on the right and it will give you six, and just make sure you do get two to go to the left and you will get enough sparkles. Hope this get you thru the level. Good Luck, Cat

General Hawk

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 5, 2003 9:21 PM
We are not ****'s. As my 10 yr old brother always says,
"What you say is what you are".

sukeyj

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 5, 2003 10:52 PM
Gringo, I am going to do everything possible to get you banned.

biamsam

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 14, 2003 1:18 AM
How do you get 9? The most I can come up with is 6!!!!

cachord

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 15, 2003 1:30 PM
Hi, you have to get the firballs to go to the left hand side, after you use the peppers to clear the way.

biamsam

Re: washdown Posted: Aug 16, 2003 12:43 PM
One of the green "spots" gives you 9 on the left side but the other 2 green spots only give 4 or 6... HELP

squirrelzo

Re: washdown Posted: Jan 30, 2004 6:50 PM
This level is ridiculously hard--that's why I'm writing this to save someone else about 100 tries trying to get all the gems. There is a trick to it. If you haven't noticed you can seal off the left side from the right by releasing the top level of snow--a row of logs will form. You need this later because you don't want any fireballs to hit the green goo on the right--they have to come into the left side and be contained.
The way I do it is: clear a path to the bottom left green square so that its right side is exposed. Leave the extra life there. Make sure the other two green squares are not exposed. Then follow the usuual directions: kill the frog to clear a path, then get the other two peppers, and roll the ball to the top. I blow one pepper on the bottom of the goo. Release the snowball after the single fireball runs across the top. Then blow the top of the goo and the run to the left.
you must have cleared a path directly to the exposed green goo on the bottom. Two fireballs will first come into this area. I hide at the very top left. As soon as the third, single fireball comes in I release the row of logs. You will now have one fireball killed and two free--it is now a matter of strategically clearing a path one by one to the other two green squares. It works. I do the bottom right first and then the top left.

Good luck!

heyer

Re: washdown Posted: Jan 30, 2004 7:51 PM
Thanks for the tip. However I can't kill the frog without turning one of the fireballs into sparkles. How do you do that?

squirrelzo

Re: washdown Posted: Jan 30, 2004 8:39 PM
That is hard--it just takes practice. Make sure to stand one row to the left of the boulders, not right next to them. You just have to time it so you miss the fireball but get the frog. Once you get it you'll be able to do it again. I hate this level.

sukeyj

Re: washdown Posted: Mar 27, 2004 8:20 PM
squirrelzo and cachord... Finally got washdown! (With all the extra gems!) Thanks bunches.

Replies: 16   Pages: 2   [ Go: 1 2 » ]
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page