Forums » Boulder Dash Treasure Pleasure
Oscillation
Replies: 9   Pages: 1   Most recent reply posted by: erik'smom (Jan 6, 2004 9:21 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 9   Pages: 1  
erik'smom

Oscillation Posted: Jan 6, 2004 9:21 PM
Now I'm stuck. Has anyone finished this one?

silby1867

Re: Oscillation Posted: Jan 6, 2004 10:29 PM
NO, I'm stuck too. I remember testing this one, or one like it during last summer. I thought it sucked then and said so. I hate those reversal buttons. I can only think that the programmers must be sadists!

It makes me wonder why I am so anxious to beat a level when, in the back of my mind, I just know that the next one is going to be much worse!

Hope someone beats it soon but I can't see it being me any time soon!

erik'smom

Re: Oscillation Posted: Jan 7, 2004 12:37 AM
Okay, I finally did it. Doesn't seem to be any secret to it. I just got really lucky the last time. Somehow all the fish managed to get killed when I detonated the TNT. You have to swim down and detonate the TNT quickly and then swim in to the freeze icon. This gives you some time to work if you didn't kill them all. You have to get 3 gems from the area where there are 2 spaces above where the gems come out. Stand one space above where they come out and then grab them. Then go down and get the gems at the bottom. Let me know if this isn't clear. Like I said, I got very lucky the last time I tried this level.

silby1867

Re: Oscillation Posted: Jan 7, 2004 11:49 AM
I manage to detonate but then I can get back through the stones/gems and I didn't kill the fish but perhaps my timing was wrong there.

erik'smom

Re: Oscillation Posted: Jan 8, 2004 1:20 AM
Okay, I found another way to do this level. You don't always get the extra gems but you can get to the exit. First swim out like you did before but instead of going over to the reverse button, go straight down and remove the dirt above the gems. The gems will float up and block the fish in. You'll have to wait a few seconds while the fish swim back into the second row. Now you'll have time to work. Get the gems you can get where the row is 2 spaces tall (hopefully you know what I mean). Then swim over and detonate the TNT. Now swim over the the freeze button. Look for the fish to swim to left then take the freeze icon and the rest of the icons and gems. Hopefully the fish were frozen in such a way that you can now go up and take the gems you need, then swim down to the exit, below where you detonated the TNT. Hopefully this helps, cause I need help with 4 corners. I've been trying it since last night. I'm missing something.

silby1867

Re: Oscillation Posted: Jan 8, 2004 2:29 AM
Thanks,
That did the trick HOWEVER I am now flummoxed by Soaking.

I make space for all the reverse buttons to float up and block the fans then stand above the space which leads to the lower level.
My problem is that when I collect the gems...no matter how carefully... eventually the rocks, keeping the hedge back at each side, fall and I am trapped.

What am doing wrong?

erik'smom

Re: Oscillation Posted: Jan 8, 2004 5:28 AM
Well, now I've solved "Four Corners" but I can't seem to do "Soaking" again. I'm working on it though. I'll post the solution if I'm able to figure it out again.

sukeyj

Re: Oscillation Posted: Apr 2, 2004 1:37 AM
Has anybody gotten the extra gem? I can finish this level easily but always need 1 extra gem. I am flummoxed.

heyer

Re: Oscillation Posted: Apr 2, 2004 7:39 AM
When you enter the large chamber do you go to the detonator level first? There are three gems to be collected there which are no longer available if you collect the ones above first.

roncliff

Re: Oscillation Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:23 PM
How can you get the extra gem

Replies: 9   Pages: 1  
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page