« Back to All Topics
Who is good at pool in real life?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
this game ACTUALLY makes me better at pool in real life, knowing speed, aim, spin(backwards tho).
Like i used to be so crappy, now im a mini pool shark*(as im called)

Now the spin, is back wards, i know FOD wants to make it simple for the ppl who are just starting, but use this example

If i hit the RIGHT side of the cue call towards the rail, the spin will be going COUNTER CLOCK WISE,  so when that counter clock wise spin<-------hits the rail, its going to go left<----, im sure a few of you have noticed this flaw

good day
Conquors
>>If i hit the RIGHT side of the cue call towards the rail, the spin will be going COUNTER CLOCK WISE, so when that counter clock wise spin<-------hits the rail, its going to go left<----, im sure a few of you have noticed this flaw

No if its spinning counter clockwise tt will go right.
ooooooooooooooo i saw that coming
maybe im the only person in the world who can do this, cuz i was showing my bro last night, and he was very confused, im just special, ur right, if it does go C-C it will go right, it goes opposite, weird, JUST STRANGE , who knows what this weird games about:s?
I went downstairs, tryed it out again, and it did it again, WTF is wrong with me? there must be something wrong with my table then !!??
Are you talking about FlyOrDie's pool or you table in real life?
sorry conkers fod pool doesnt make you better lol in real life.. you probally got better on your own..theres things like the way you hold the cue such as the type of bridge you use...the speed you hit the cue etc.. you cant learn these type of things on fod. lol a pool shark eh?  lol i was called "attuatorino" lol i was a huslter..if you dont know what that means its when you go to a pool hall, bet a small amount of money on a game and intentionally loose really badly..then the next game you bet a huge sum and murder your opponents pool-style ;-) lol
both, i dont play for money, i play for hoots:p
Scott said hes got 10centurys in real life...

Highest one hes got is 128.

:|
I AM AMAZING AT POOL, IN REAL LIFE, NO JOKE !
I AM AMAZING AT POOL IN REAL LIFE,
Lol@Conkers

If the spin is counter-clockwise, i.e. to the left, then the equal and opposite reaction is the right. Place a ball againt the cushion (rail) and turn it counter-clockwise to see which way it moves. If you are hitting with right-spin directly at the rail, the ball will bounce off to right as you look at it. If it's going somewhere else then you are hitting the ball completely wrong and have a long way to learn before you can even become an average player.

Here's a more interesting test (usually on a snooker table or UK pool, the speed cloths on the US does not always work)... 

Hit the ball slowly down the centre of the table with right spin. It has to be hit straight to really see the effect, and only just hard enough to reach the other end. The cue ball will slowly drift right. Try the same in the other direction, and the ball will now move left with the same shot. It's the direct of the nap which affects the path of the ball, and often people don't know that this happens.
Lol@Conkers

If the spin is counter-clockwise, i.e. to the left, then the equal and opposite reaction is the right. Place a ball againt the cushion (rail) and turn it counter-clockwise to see which way it moves. If you are hitting with right-spin directly at the rail, the ball will bounce off to right as you look at it. If it's going somewhere else then you are hitting the ball completely wrong and have a long way to learn before you can even become an average player.

Here's a more interesting test (usually on a snooker table or UK pool, the speed cloths on the US does not always work)... 

Hit the ball slowly down the centre of the table with right spin. It has to be hit straight to really see the effect, and only just hard enough to reach the other end. The cue ball will slowly drift right. Try the same in the other direction, and the ball will now move left with the same shot. It's the direct of the nap which affects the path of the ball, and often people don't know that this happens.
lmfao  scott has 10 cents in real life now does he?
LMFAOOOOOOOO  i cannot believe you talk so much crap  scott   WHY LIE    
whats the point in lieng?    you really wind me up.
Man why do you care...grow up GET A LIFE. If he is lieing then let him. What is he getting some special treatment now and your jelous? get a life 
conkers since i been playing on here i gone better in real life aswell and scott is a liar.
zell hush kid  why u defending him?  maybe you are him on 1 of his other many names  cos he never leaves this site.
and to your reply  whats it got to do with u?  nothing so hush up and go away.
stezz u dont even know me so how can u judge?  i play nsooker for north yorkshire so hush up. I ave got 10 cents ty and im so much better than you, plus im better than u here and i got 45 here so hush ty. ur just jealous and so is scotty.
lmfao   'ive got 10 cents ty' explains it all.
and why do u think ur better than him? ur no were near as good...u think were jealous? lol why wud we be jealous of u ? i dont think jealously is part of this game to tell u the truth i dont care how good or what record or watever ne1's got but i dont like liars and cheats. and by seeing u play theres no way uve made 40+ cents. and the rest. so plz just be quiet
well said scotty  north yorkshire snooker team?  lmfao  if ur 18 and have had 10 cents u wud be a pro lmao  so whats the point in lieng on here and about real life.
I know this guy i play with  hes made 2 cents and hes only semi pro  so uve made 10 lmao  that shud make u a professional?  lmao  please please please grow up and stop lieng its only a GAME.
> lmfao if ur 18 and have had 10 cents u wud be a pro

How much do you REALLY know about snooker?
alot more than u beppe  as i play it alot more than most of u lot probably  as i have my own table and play for a team.
ive been playing for 4 years for a team  so dont question my knowledge of snooker ok.
and grow up  ur supposed to be older than most people here?  well act like an adult instead of winding people up.
and as for u scott  just be quiet, there is no hope for people like u.
> alot more than u beppe

Okay, let's keep it straight then. We both know that a pro could probably knock 10 practice cents in a week without too much problem. To score 10 cents by 18 would make him very good, but not necessarily close to being a pro.

Let's keep it honest as well. You have no idea if he's good or not. We all have our doubts, but to harp on at him isn't fair if he's telling the truth. If he's not then he's an idiot, but there's no need to fight him for that accolade.

Let's test his knowledge. SCOTT - what brand of cue do most of the top 100 pro snooker players use, and where specifically do they get them from? What do you reckon Stezz, does everyone know that or is it even a reasonable question to ask?
beppe i remember u sayin max had path and stop asking stupid questions not hard to go to google and search.
and 10 cents at 18? i think ud qualify for a pro there.theres no doubt about that
> beppe i remember u sayin max had path

I questioned it, no one to this date has shown me that it's not possible to cheat. Some people think that because they can't see the path on their PC, then he doesn't have it on his. Ironically Max was the only person who accepted that there was no proof, and also the only person who knew how to back himself up when it was possible. Max earns his respect, you could learn from that.

> and stop asking stupid questions not hard to go to google and search.

Oh, it's hard to find without guessing.

> i think ud qualify for a pro there.theres no doubt about that

Yes, there is. I understand that Stezz was exagerating a bit, and I actually believe that he's good at real snooker. You, however, don't appear to know much at all.
u think u know it all ...very annoying ur just another kid thinkin u know evrythin how old r u?
well most of the ones i know use  barracuda cues   i  myself use a rileys cue.
others may use martin chesworth  or even maybe rileys cues  i dont know.
and yes i am good in real life  not to sound to big headed though lol.
> u think u know it all

I don't claim to, which is why it's never my back that's up against the wall. It's so much easier to watch others try to dig themselves out of a hole when they've nothing to say. You, for example, are making a mess out of it.
I actually use a Parris cue :D

Mmmmmm, Parris cue! That's the answer, right?
stezz what type of team do u play for? a working mans club team, a snooker hall team or are u lieing? also what night do u play?
i play for a snooker hall  the team is called  rileys  and why wud i lie about that?  we play on wednesday nights  i also play for a pool team  we play on monday nights.  any more questions?  i dont lie like you scott.
yes he is. stezz i was simply asking a question as to what day u played on to see if u woz tellin the truth. As for when i play, our league matches are on a tuesday night and individual knockout comp on thursday nights. also i play in various tourneys on any night of the week depending on when i am drawn out to play.

thx scott
Getting back to the original question, lol, i'm not too shabby at 8 ball, i use a £14.99 '' Jimmy White'' cue :p . Snooker has always been my downfall in real life though :(.   
THE TABLE IS TOO BIG   hehe:p