« Back to All Topics
A disgraceful DRAW
Posted in 
Checkers
A disgraceful DRAW
Posted in 
Checkers
A disgraceful DRAW
Just played a player at Checkers. I had 4 kings and he had two kings and a man. I soon got rid of the man and after a minute or two i got one of his kings so now with both of us roughly 6minutes of time left i had two kings to his one. I then began setting about the simple task of cornering his single king. This usually takes between 10 and 20 moves as i get into the corner, force him out then go across the board trapping him until he cant move. I got through the whole process and had forced him into a position he would not be able to move from. However just as i was about to make my final move and make the shot that would win the game the computer suddenly ended the game and declared a draw with six minutes still remaining. Even my opponent apologised and announced that should never in a million years have been a draw. I just cant believe it got announced as a draw, its incredible a player gets out of losing in such a fashion. Also this sort of thing always seems to happen when i am about to go from green to blue. If its not my connection or some other glitch in the game its the computer declaring a draw with only one move remaining before i win the game...Outrage!
I was watching a Checkers game and the exact same thing happened. The time suddenly froze... and there was a clear winner. What's going on?!
what do you mean go from green to blue?
This happened with me too yesterday and today I am nt able to connect at all. What's all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game is drawn when there is no capture or promotion to king for 40 pairs of consecutive moves.

The game is drawn automatically if there is no winner after 200 moves (100 each).(quote from the rules)

it's so we don't have to play cat and mouse with equal number of pieces for too long. Also, I think that if you can hold off an opponent a man down for 80 moves then you deserve a draw :) 
How true, could not have been better said.