« Back to All Topics
Few General Questions
Posted in 
General
Few General Questions
Posted in 
General
Few General Questions
I have been a FOD member for many years, but have not been active again until recently when I saw the HTML5 update. I have a few questions:

If you pay for annual subscription fee, does that include all games?

I see that if you win a tournament, you get VIP status...what does that mean?

Is there a plan or timetable to release chess on HTML5 format? 

Is there an official way to submit ideas for feature enhancements? Or any way to know which enhancements are in the pipeline? For example, if I play an interesting game, I would like the ability to email myself a record of that game so I can review it later (would only apply to the board games on the site obviously). 

I used to be a paid subscriber at one time...now that I see the price has gone up about 400%, I would like to know the answers to these questions to consider if I should re-subscribe. 
Paying a subscription fee does include all games.

VIP status means basically that you get a special star next to your name, and your subscription period is extended.

Chess will be released on html5 format soon.

Your chess games can be saved by using the pgn export button after the game finished.
Thank you for responding. I see that FOD offers 10 different board games. Can you provide more information on specifically which of these 10 games offer the ability to export PGN after the game is complete?

FlyOrDie, What exactly will HTML5 do? I'm not to familiar with it. I'm more curious what it changes in-game.

And is there any ETA for it in tanx? Or is that still undecided as that game needs it badly, Updating games normally brings more players back & I'm going to start video recording Tournaments & other custom games for Tanx, and keep uploading to youtube, perhaps spread the word a bit and show people howan experienced player plays the game, because most people start of clueless to the controls so i believe me recording my games and showing others will help them learn a great deal quicker.

If this is alright with you that is, as it would be me advertising FlyOrDie TANX on youtube and multiple other sides to perhaps bring in more players who will no doubt try other FOD Games if I work hard enough and make the effort, I believe I can do this.
From what I know, HTML 5 will allow users to play these games for example on their smartphones, or gaming consoles, as well as the computer. It's a positive step in the right direction.