« Back to All Topics
Autocensor
Posted in 
General
Autocensor
Posted in 
General
Autocensor
Could you please do something about things you censor on this site. It is extremely frustrating to write a long message to someone only to hit send and the message was deleted and replaced with an "oops" or a "Beg Pardon". Sure there are words that should not be allowed but you go way too far when you pick the last letter in one word and the first few letters of the next word to spell a new word that is banned. For example, the phrase ...  let's hit the beach. Because the word let's ends with the letter s, if you add it the next word .. hit, you get shit. And if the last word doesn't show here, it's a crusty way of saying fecal matter. So that whole phrase gets deleted. There are other censored words that are also quite ridiculous. Have you ever heard of Dick Van Dyke? Try writing his name. Or even something like a fishing rod. Try writing that. You can't! And I have never said fishing pole in my life. So, couldn't you tweak the autocencor to be less obtrusive  
Chris and everyone,

Here! Here! Right on. Right on.

Yes, I echo all you said!

It also reminds me of a post here by Shawn Murphy< here at a much earlier date. He seemed to have this figured out! However, it's simply too, too much for me to wrap my brain around! Laugh.

Let's hope for the best, as The Operator and Moderators usually do!

Just Judy*