« Back to All Topics
A curious case
Posted in 
General
A curious case
Posted in 
General
A curious case
I've been around FOD since 2004, and the one thing that always fascinates me aboutthis place, is how much some people get addicted to it, so much so, that if you put some thought and math to it, you can't help but ask - Are these guys do nothing but FOD? :D 

Oh, and just for a disclaimer, this topic is not meant to portray anyone in bad a light, it's just an iteresting observation (i think). 

So i've been playing here on and off for 18 years... and have maybe between 5 and 7 thousand games mainly across 8-ball and 9-ball pool.  I admit, i had another nickname around 2010-12, because i made this original one as a kid, and then hated it later, but i'm now back to it, because now i don't really care about having a cool nickname anymore, and i want to play with my original one that shows that i'm one of the old timers.

So even if i don't have as much as others on the platform, i feel that i've played a lot for my time here, even though i haven't been constantly present. So to see someone in 8 ball with 50k games who is registered around the same time i am, is just untikable for me. But what's more interesting is that the guy might not be the record holder for most games, as i can only see the subscribers stats. So who knows? There might be people with much, much more games in pool.

But that's not even the most extreme example. I present to you MALOUGUY - this fella has 131841 games in normal chess, since 29.09.2007 and the average time for his games is around 15 minutes, so let's do the math:

He's been registered for 14 years and 7 months. That's 5320 days, which means on average he has played 24.7 games per day in that period. With an average time of 15 minutes per game, that's 6 hours and 20 minutes per day, which means, since his registration here, he has played a total of 33000 hours of Chess. WOW! 

And there are people with more games than him in other chess games but there the average times are 4-5 times shorter... still very impressive though...

Please let me know if you have other examples of extreme FOD addiction.
Yes I even opened a topic about this once, because I think it is unhealthy to be so addicted to a games site, people get lonely and have no contact with other people and mainly live in a virtual world, they lose their view of reality and their emotional life and empathy for others become almost zero, so I think it is the duty of flyordie to protect these people from themselves, but of course this topic was not posted in the forum, I'm curious what others think about this, if this comment is not removed in advance
We don't know why some people spend a lot of time here. Not everybody is able to lead a "normal" life for numerous reasons. There are people who can't leave their home because of an illness or a disability etc etc etc. 
Kind Regards,
John
❤️
🙃