« Back to All Topics
Ridiculous
Posted in 
General
Ridiculous
Posted in 
General
Ridiculous
Whats with the laggy adverts in the game?

i play a game about twice a month now coz these adverts have just pushed me away from this site, u cant set ur power at all half the time coz these adverts with animation in them lag up the game to a point where i get about 0.5 frames per second.  I get u gotta have sponsors and stuff, but surely if u clicked on these adverts to open up the web site they advertise then they should dissappear so u can at least play the game.

i know u could say pay a subscription and u wont get adverts, but i dont even play this game that often but its nice to come on once or twice a month for a game or two. this month i returned after a months break as usual and found the game is now totaly unplayable at times with some of these adverts.

theres gotta be a way u can have these adverts in the game but get a way not to make the game lag 
It must be only you, sir ..

I also play on my 'unsubscrubed' nicks and I've 
never
 had your problem. Maybe it's your connection or computer ? Or even your memory ..

[img=
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/1207/captionsig4hr.jpg
]
Widzy has a point caption...some people just dont have the best computer for a game.

:D yup its true - my subbed nick = no problems

my other nick = hit or miss as to whether it works or not,
my comp must be ok, as i have np when subbed...........
I dont have probs on browser and my pc is horrible to say the least. And my internet connection could be 100x better then it is. :)
hmmmm i play many many ppl who will say things like "****** advert!!!"  i mean i could probably count about 50 ppl if i kept a list.  the ammount of times when playing snooker u see sum1 tap the ball so lightly when they tried to hit it hard.  i have a top of the range pc thats the thing (3.4 GHz P4, 128MB Geforce gfx card, 1024MB RAM and a broadband connection...)

i get no lag on anything else i play and the game is lag free until that microsoft advert comes on with all the animated paper, and some of the other adverts too.  I dont get why i can play Doom 3 at 60 frames per second but can only play flyordie snooker at 1 fps when an animated advert appears :-P

like i said its not just me that see's the lag, theres been many occasions where ppl comment about the laggy adverts.

The 'lag' that happens in snooker where you try to hit it hard but it barely touches is no lag at all. That is a glitch in the game. It happens numerous times in various sessions ..

As for you and the '50 people' you can count .. :p

I barely play 50 different people in a week :(

[img=
http://img93.exs.cx/img93/3777/captionsig8wb.jpg
]
no i'm not talkin about that glitch, i'm talkin about the game runs smooth, then u hear the windows CLICK when it opens a new advertisment and its one with an animated advert.  all of a sudden, everything goes jumpy, u try to aim your cue and it might take 1 or 2 seconds before the movement of your mouse is seen on the screen.  it only ever happens when an animated advert appears, the more animation, the worse the lag.  as u know u set ur power in snooker by right clicking and pushing your mouse forward.  but wen the game runs at 1fps, theres no way at all to tell how fast your cue is moving, or if its going to hit the white ball at all.  hence when these adverts r displayed, so many shots r WHACKED when u wanna gently tap them, or vice versa.  

i'm just sayin the adverts should dissappear at least when u click them.  that way the advertisments worked, ive opened up their web site havent i?  having adverts is ok as long as they dont make the game unplayable like some of these do
They cant get rid of the ads after you have opened the window...this is because FoD uses the lack of ads as a way of attracting more subscribers to the game...if they did get rid of the ads it would mean less money for FoD and thats what its all about MONEY!!!:D