« Back to All Topics
New Tournament Format
Posted in 
General
New Tournament Format
Posted in 
General
New Tournament Format
I personally perfer the old tournament format for these reasons.

-have to wait too long for an opponent when there are many there with close rating, and normaly you get someone who is not as close as some others are.
-when you get assigned a player, i think it should be the person with slosest rating in tournament and normal rating.

I think you could maybe only have half of the tournaments in this new format, so then for the people who dont like it can play how they perfer it (which is most people).

Everyone post your thoughts about this new format here :) 
The new format is quite good in that it mostly eliminates the possibility of cheating. Also the 20 minutes to end your last game takes away the option of playing slow to preserve your points, which is a positive.

I don't like the whole opt-out of a game with DND on though. If you're in the tournament room, you should be wanting to play. In the latter stages of a tournament it can take an age to get a game as almost everyone had DND on. It's here that players can still be very selective of who they play - which seems to be half the reason this format was introduced in the first place.
The new format is great and should be used for all tournaments 

the only people who dont like it are the people who cant pick on the weak anymore :D
I had to wait 7mins for a game , 4 other people didn't have DND on but I still had to wait all that time! and cheating that's why mods are here? picking on the weak in a trny, play your own rank or DSQ...?
λ.v.kﺴ-ģλвяìξқζ× , How can you say 100% have you played in this new format ? don't think you have tbh
Remember recently is the first tournament to be conducted with this system, obviously need to make some adjustments, but the change itself is very good ...

DND
 is necessary for some emergency or need :|.. 

Perhaps limit 
 the time 
 and 
 the number of times 
 the user is allowed to activate the 
DND
 could help .. to a maximum of 2 minutes for example, or something ... and that after that time automatically terminate you find an opponent.
>
λ.v.kﺴ-ģλвяìξқζ× , How can you say 100% have you played in this new format ? don't think   you have tbh.

mmmm, I have a feminine intuition [img=
http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/images/eicon05.gif
] And other nicks[img=
http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/images/eicon14.gif
]
You do have to wait so long to get a game.....
And it should be with the closest rating to u 
say if two people at the end of the trny are 65 66 pts and there's like 15 min left (snooker) them two guys should be able to play for the win but with this format that not maybe the case..
This is just my opinion though and I dont like it sorry.
Old format.. just use some details from new format like the 20 minutes rule.

Tommy
Yeah i perfer the old tournament format you have to wait longg. it made me played a person 3 times lol.. i rather the old format :(
I here so many people complaining about this new format, i would say 80% perfer the old one, surely you would want the format which most people perferred? which is the old format.
Hope you can change this asap
i havent tryed yet for the pool game tourneys are never at a time were us canadians can play cause we work during day :s
There are pool tournaments for your Canadians each Monday at 7pm EST, or 9pm EST, and one special weekend tournament (2pm EST) each 4th week, so you have 5 tournaments per 4 weeks to choose from.

OP
I've changed my mind on the new format. It isn't really practical to be honest. I always play within 16 points of myself in tournaments anyway but you should be allowed to challenge whoever you want.

20 minutes at the end is the one big plus point though.
I prefer the old format, mainly because the scores aren't close, then it's something that makes no sense if you want to score in a tournament, it's my humble opinion!!!
Another reason why this is bad is

When there is 10seconds left til the tournament ends, if there is someone you cpuld play there, you cant, but in old format u can challenge them easily.
I think you should change this format, you should be allowed to challenge anyone within 16 points of you instead of system shosing for you as it choses bad matches and doesnt allow enough time to play at the end
The idea of a tournament is not that it's as easy for you as possible. Tournaments should be equally challenging for everyone.
Definitely, we are not reverting to free challenge mode.
Opponent assignments and tournament scoring will change though as we fine tune the system.
> 
The idea of a tournament is not that it's as easy for you as possible

This is the real problem of all 
:| It seems to me to be perfect that the system chooses you the opponents, is much more exciting and enterteining..

Some things to improve

limit the time and the number of times the user is allowed to activate the DND

And I suggest that the games played in the tilt should not influence the real punctuation
Coming on to the the new format i like it but however like the post above the sign issues do need to be limited regardless

basically if you wanna play in the tournament you play and you dont keep putting up a sign saying ''do not disturb'' or ''be right back'' no point being there if your not gonna play

also as there was a tournament yesterday there (for me) was a issue of people almost trying to cheat by putting their signs up in attempt to try and get a easy player kind of routine

that may need to be looked at otherwise that format is pretty good
OP

when there is like less than a minute at end of trny, say there are 2 players within 16, then time runs out, thats not fair really is it, thats why you should be allowed to challenge anyone within 16points of you..

i would say 90% perfer the old format, which im not surprised, wouldnt you want what the players perfer?
I would say 90% prefers new format, which im not surprised.
you didn't put new format in darts which cost me vip :@
I prefer the new format but with the DND sign it's still quite easy people to pick who they would like to play. There should either be a limit on the amount of times you can use it or just disable it for tournaments because if you can't play a match then you shouldn't be waiting in the lobby. 

Another annoying thing is that when it comes to end of a tournament and with the top 5 players getting prizes now if your just outside and need to quickly play somebody the server may not find you a match quick enough. 

I'm sure there will be fine tuning though to get it right :)
i played pente tournament today, probably the first in ages, the old format is obviously better :
- too much sitters
- playing the same guy 3-4times is pretty annoyin
- waiting 20-30 sec to play, what a waste of time
- when ur first and the 2nd bit far, u cant play
I prefer the new format just a few tweaks with it and i have no complaints about it

the old style though i would not like 
Total rubbifh this format is please get rid of it i waited 010 mins in lobby for a game everyone put DND on its such a bad system, please change it OP