« Back to All Topics
VIP - Tournament prizes
Posted in 
General
VIP - Tournament prizes
Posted in 
General
VIP - Tournament prizes
The tournament prize system has been adjusted.
From now on the top five players will receive VIP status in each tournament:

1st - 10 days
2nd - 6 days
3rd - 4 days
4th - 2 days
5th - 1 day

if there has been at least 20 participants.

If there were less players, it will be 5-3-1 for the top three.
Having "2 dots" is still a requirement for getting the VIP status.

OP
Very good, so everyone has a chance of receiving a prize, but .. doesn't seem very few days of vip?

1st - 15 days    ( Two weeks )
2nd - 7 days      ( A week )
3rd - 4 days
4th - 3 days
5th - 2 day

15 + 7 + 4 + 3 + 2 = ?

Result : 
31 days =  many more people interested in participating B-)..
On second thought, as you propose would be a good way to balance things out, because there are more tournaments than before .. more tournaments, give a little less than days and dividing to give everyone a chance to win a prize (although presumably having more tournaments will also have more susbcribers)

Not approve this post, just a thought that is irrelevant xD
what with subscription still 1 month for winner?
Hope the prize for the winner is still month subscription? Can't read it in the tournament rules and it was stated before, so guessing that prize no longer on offer?
>Hope the prize for the winner is still month subscription?

No, it's 10 days like OP said :|

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator 
Very good! excellent

Good luck to all :)

ÐØŋٱZ€†ٱ  
10 days for winning a tournament? Thats not alot.
10 is plenty, don,t be greedy :)
Im not keen on this.. I imagine not as many wil be bothered to play these tournaments anymore...

I wont :)

Thanks
Ash
lol ash alot will still play its still better then nothing 
It is interesting to see that most of you only noticed that the winner gets less, but did not pay any attention to the other part: not only the winner, but other players have the chance now to get some VIP, even if only for shorter time. 

(including those players who have never attended a tournament, or never get near the winner, but have some top 5 places recently)

Seems everyone prefers the "winner takes it all" method...

OP
>Very good, 
so everyone has a chance of receiving a prize
, but doesn't seem very few days of  VIP?

>>On second thought, as you propose would be a good way to balance things out, because there are more tournaments than before .. 
more tournaments, give a little less than days and dividing to give everyone a chance to win a prize
 (although presumably having more tournaments will also have more susbcribers)

Not approve this post, just a thought that is irrelevant xD

>>> [url=
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=33&thread=58440
] Other alternative to obtain a Subscription
/url]  :8}

Hi Daniel, I still think it's a very good idea for everyone to have the possibility to get a prize...
It was in doubt if to answer or not .. because I do not believe that I belong to this "majority":( .. but the truth I do not know that it is what you think about me.. and only it wanted to clarify mentioning some messages that I have written.. bye, good weekend :p
Its a good idea to extend the prizes to the top 5 but thought winner might have deserved a bit longer. No more complaints from me :). 
operator is right keep it this way or u may never win nothing lol if its winner takes whole month
More people get a chance of winning a V.I.P now (Y) That's good. Guys you cant be greedy. Some people may have came 2nd in ALOT of tournaments recently and this may not have been noticed but with this new system It will.
Well done OP :)
will we get yellow star for top 5 that would be cool
Operator, what  happens if there is a draw in top 10? how many points in GP do they get and how much vip if in top 5?
Reply would be great, ty :)
I have a just looked at the most recent tournament standings that were held today (unfortunately i didnt come top 10 lol)

however the results say unofficial?

shouldnt that technically be official results rather than unofficial? just saying 
It's always unofficial for a time after it ends, so mods etc can double check if there's been any cheating and so on. Then it's made official. It used to take ages for this to happen but now it's all done within a couple of days tops.
Even a few days is a bit to long should be no more than 2 days from when the tournament ends tops

what u can do with that VIP Status. its just a yellow star or any other options ?
Not everyone.
It's pretty clear that someone who is almost regular in top 5 (or top 10) is much better player then any 1-time winner. You can have great luck once and that's it - so whining about this changes is just telling how serious player someone is (or isn't).
A yellow star AND a subscription of equal length.
So if you are regularly placed in top 5, you will have to renew considerably later ;)