Forums » Go Moku
what exactly is "program"?
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Most recent reply posted by: lokigao (Jan 30, 2014 2:23 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 3   Pages: 1  
lokigao

what exactly is "program"? Posted: Jan 30, 2014 2:23 AM
I should say most of the people I encountered here are quite nice.
Except sometimes when I won (or about to win), some people would follow me around and call me "program".
Can anybody enlighten me about what exactly this "program" is?

†Lεφσℓαی†

Re: what exactly is "program"? Posted: Jan 31, 2014 10:33 AM
Dear lokigao,

programs are for training or analyzing opens. Some players use these programs while playing against another player. You can find some on the internet (e.g. piskvork, solver, fiver, victoria, onyx, tito, bot, etc) they can be freeware or in case you got to subscribe. Using them isn't forbidden just not fair against anyone. Program's moves can be recognized about 90% surely. If anyone calls you as a program user, in case if you don't use, it just means that he can't agree that you're better than him.

Best regards,
†Lεφσℓαی†

hhgygy

Re: what exactly is Posted: Nov 2, 2014 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info, I also did not know what "program" was.
I can confirm those people say it to you who cannot accept that they are weaker players.

Palacio_14

Re: what exactly is "program"? Posted: Aug 27, 2017 2:08 PM
I'm agree with †Lεφσℓαی†
And don't worry, I think the most times that the pleople say that sentence, they don't know the difference beetwen a good player and a program, just that. Few players can judge another one by his game and say "he is a prog". Maybe red players, or players that usualy play against programs

Replies: 3   Pages: 1  
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page