Am I Cheating?
Posted in 
Tanx
Am I Cheating?
Posted in 
Tanx
Am I Cheating?
I was playing my mate in Tanx 1 on 1.

I was 28/9 up. This bloke comes in and says I'm cheating. I ask him why and he says this is "points banking". I was told if a moderator was at the scene I would be in big trouble.
My friend was not intentionally losing.

I frequently play people with low ratings in snooker when I have over 350+ and this is not classed as cheating.

Why in Tanx is this classed as cheating?
And the Tanx rule needs to be a bit more specific then:

Any form of unsportsmanlike behaviour with the purpose of gaining points will not be tolerated, FlyOrDie reserves the right to reset points to zero for this offense. 

It includes: 

2.1 points banking
2.2 operation jumping 
2.3 encouraging your opponent to leave the match 
2.4 intentionally loosing in favour of your opponent 
2.5 accepting your opponent's behaviour who is intentionally loosing

Me and my friend were doing none of these and it's still cheating?

I am keen to keep my clean record on FlyOrDie so I look forward to some constructive replies.

Thank you.
well i was the person that he was playing but he only came on his other account because i accidently set the max rating to 65 so he was too high but i didnt have a problem because i know how good he is and was expecting to get my bum kicked :p
Techncally no, but people may think that you are.

Point banking actually means that the other person is purposely letting you kill them.
Exactly.

If people are entering the room I can understand how they might think this is cheating at a glance but it isn't.

People will say "Just have an unrated game". But why should I if I'm not breeching any rules?:|

Thanks for the reply UndeadInsanity;)
but i wasnt letting him kill me. like i said when he was playing me i knew he would be gd and knew he wud thrash me :) 
Which is exactly why he wasn't point banking ;-)
When me and Mr RA played u earlier u thrashed us but that doesnt mean ur cheating because we hav low ratings. Whoever this bloke is needs 2 think about his own rating rathen than being jealous of others :p
yep :D.. just wish ppl don't think things straight away before asking or sometihng :p..
kinda rude coming in and accusing some1 cheating when he aint ;\
oh and it was me that asked him to play!
Jamez dont worry about it ...

I always have players accuse me of cheating , but i dont take any notice of them . 

As you stated earlier , your opponent was not letting himself intentionally be killed by you in order for you to gain points , which therefore means you are not breaching any of the tanx rules & Regulations...

If you have any questions (Jamez , Warner or Smackam) just come to me , i have been here a long time and i know alot about tanx so take that into consideration...

Good games earlier guys ;)
TANK
I just wanna say the person who was saying I was cheating wasn't being horrible.
Just more like informing me but he did say it WAS cheating.

Thanks for the reassurance TANK;)
Dont worry James you are not alone,

Everybody that has more than 400 points is a cheater.

Dont know why, ask anybody rated under 200 and they'll tell you they just are cheaters :|
I dont agree with that i am a 100 rating and i know there are quite alot of great players in tanx-i could name some ive lost to but i wont. Some people just have more SKILL and EXPERIENCE. I just got here in January. So im probably the average person.:| But sooner or later i know i will become as good as other high rated people. -it just takes time-:)
 Sir Gamesalot
>Dont worry James you are not alone,

>Everybody that has more than 400 points is a cheater.

>Dont know why, ask anybody rated under 200 and they'll >tell you they just are cheaters 

I think everybody over 500 is definitely a cheater   (at some point they`ve banked). The best players are those consistently rated between 200 and 350 because these players don`t care about points and concentrate on skill while those higher rated players only care for points and they get them anyway they can ;) Everybody knows who the cheaters are though so who cares?