« Back to All Topics
SERVER DISCONNECT
Posted in 
Technical
SERVER DISCONNECT
Posted in 
Technical
SERVER DISCONNECT
Can someone please tell me how flyordie loses my connection and disconnects me and makes me lose points in checkers at the same time. The points I lose are like 30 points a disconnection happens. Why am I to pay the price for server problems of flyordie's. There is nothing wrong with my connection but I am punished for the oudated servers flyordi has. It really isn't fair to charge someone points for a disconnection problem 
Even if it not your fault, the player who loses connection must be declared as the loser of the match, otherwise the system would be too easy to abuse. 

Just think about is: if the player with the DC does not lose any points, he can simply disconnect the cable, to simulate an accidental DC, if he is in a bad situation during the match. 
It is not possible to tell from our side where did the connection drop exactly, is it your modem cable, or which router or cable is it on the lengthy route between your machine and our server.  Usually these disconnects do not occur within our server, but somewhere between the server and your machine. You can check it yourself by the command "tracert www.flyordie.com" in command prompt (right after the DC occurred).

Thank you for your feedback and understanding.

I understand sometimes there are players who will disconnect themselves but when you are playing and disconnected when you are about to win the game is uncalled for. regardless how the disconnect happens it should not be anyone's fault at all and therefore the game should be 0 to 0 no points allocated to players and that is fair and telling a player that oh well you got disconnected and almost won that game well oh well that's the breaks. again there should be no points allocated to any player for a failed connection that is fair by all means. you cannot punish someone for the acts of god so why punish a player for a disconnect that is not he or she's fault. if a disconnect happens that game becomes void and the slate gets wiped clean. 0 points awarded.
Dear FlyorDie,

I understand from a troubleshooting aspect that it is not possible to tell where exactly the connection drops between the player and the servers; but, the broken server connection issue appears to be happening to many people. I've noticed that it happens to me or the other player only when the rooms are around 118 - 119 people. 

Is it possible that there are just too many connections and some connections are discarded if FOD infrastructure were to become overloaded?

Can the amount of players per room be reduced?

Thx