« Back to All Topics
Having trouble logging in on servers
Posted in 
Technical
Posted in 
Technical
Lately I'm having serious problems logging in on PC in the billiards rooms. I log in and then nothing, after 30 sec the server is offline message and I have to repeat this 10 or 20 times to finally get in a room. Tried 4 different browsers already. On mobile and tablet there is no issues whatsoever on same network. Chrome started giving that java end of life messages so I switched to Firefox last year. I'm running ADblock Plus, HTTPS everywhere, privacy badger and decentraleyes as extensions. What could it be? It started around a week ago with no changes in anything from my side.
Turns out is was my crappy internet providers dns servers, I put in google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in my modem and now everything is fast as lightning, not just flyordie. It's like I took the limiter of my cars engine. Thank you Miss Independent for making me doubt my internet by saying; It's your internet, it's your internet! Which made me look in to the dns story.  
If you say that there is no problem on your tablet, it will not be a global problem, but a local one.

If it should happen again, I would recommend that you clear the cookies and cache in your browser. That should fix the problem.

PS: Browsers with a chrome engine are generally pretty good, I can recommend "Brave" to you.

Player_No1

FlyOrDie Moderator Team