Games not Loading
Posted in 
Technical
Games not Loading
Posted in 
Technical
Games not Loading
Hi there,

I seem to be having problems getting on the games. I seem to be getting stuck with the message "Game loaded. Please wait a few seconds...". I've tried waiting 5 minutes just for 9-Ball to start, but it doesn't seem to want to start. Can someone offer some suggestions as to how I can fix this problem?

Thank you!

-NightmareDragon
Reasons why that may be:
.You may of disabled scripts
.You may of disabled cookies

Could you list some steps I can follow to find out if those things are disabled, and how to enable them?

-NightmareDragon
Ignore him, he's just some low IQ kid spamming the net because it's all his intelligence allows.

Check add/remove programs to see if you have Java installed. If you have more than one version, or none at all, then remove all the versions (if necessary) and install the latest from 
http://www.java.com
 - but it's a large download, if you don't have a fast connection then ask a friend to get it and put it on a CD. If this isn't the problem, come back.
Is it Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 7 that I want to install, or a different one? If so, can you tell me which one?

-NightmareDragon
I think that is the latest one.
Okay, I uninstalled my Java player and tried reinstalling it. I had that version of Java, but tried reinstalling it. I also shut my computer down and then started it up again. Now I'm seeing if the game will load. So far, it doesn't look promising.

-NightmareDragon
Okay, looks like I'm still having problems. I've been waiting a while now, but it hasn't loaded. I have no clue what's going on. Can anyone else suggest anything?

-NightmareDragon
Sorry m8.Cant help ya on that 1,but try playing a different game (on flyordie) and see if you have the same problem;)

The forrestb-)
Could be a long shot but scanning for spyware/viruses might be an option.

Another point worth mentioning is that certain spyware scanners don't find all spyware. (i have 3 different ones that i scan with one after the other, a lot of the time spyware scanner finds things ad-aware and spybot don't)

Good luck
Are there any other versions of Java in Add/Remove programs? You must have removed ALL versions before reinstalling. Restart before reinstalling as well.

Do you have Norton Anti-virus? If you do, try turning off the firewall. Does that work?
Looks Like I have Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Enabled. I'll try turing it off and seeing if that makes a difference. By the way, yes, I'm sure I only had 1 Java Player.

-NightmareDragon
Don't disable the anti-virus, just the firewall if you can. If you HAVE to disable the antivirus as a test, make sure that you switch it back on straight away. I don't use Norton, but have seen it cause trouble on other people's PCs. I can't remember how I got it working now :|
^^^That being said, see if it is Norton first.
Doesn't seem to be Norton. I tried disabling the whole thing and it didn't work. I'll have to restart my computer quickly, as it says it will start next time the computer is started up.

-NightmareDragon
Okay, I'm now testing this on my mom's computer. Mine seems to go stright to the Data Loading, and Game Loaded messages, with no advertisement in the middle of the screen, with the little loading bar below it. However, my mom's computer did. Mine also didn't show the FlyOrDie dragon, but my mom's did. It seems to have loaded just fine on my mom's computer. Only problem is, she probably won't let me on her computer to access FlyOrDie.

Any suggestions as to what's up?

-NightmareDragon
Just to confirm, yes, I can get on it using my mom's computer. I dunno why it won't load on mine. My computer is brand new (got it from my Uncle as a birthday present). He came down with it just last week, and since I got my computer hooked up to the internet with my new computer, it doesn't seem to have loaded the FlyOrDie games, nor can it seem to access pogo.

-NightmareDragon
How long has this problem been occuring? First started? Or could you login before and it's suddenly stopped.

Did you scan for spyware (if you don't have a spyware scanner i'd suggest spybot, ad-aware and bazooka spyware scanner)

I had a problem once where adverts wern't loading, various areas of websites wern't loading and it was down to spyware which i got rid of and it ran fine.

This is a difficult problem :p
Dunno if I have a spyware scanner on my new computer. Can you tell me how I can check for one?

-NightmareDragon
Okay, honestly I am not sure. There are things to look at though (btw, what OS and browser?)

First thing... in Internet Explorer, go to the TOOLS drop down menu and select Internet Options. SECURITY TAB - set the internet zone to MEDIUM... OR if you are safety concious click on CUSTOM LEVEL and make sure that Java Permissions are not disabled, and in Scripting, Java Scripting is enabled.  I am not sure what the applet needs, but setting to Medium should be enough. You may also want to check the ADVANCED tab - I have the JIT compiler for MS VM enabled, but I don't think this is necessary.
Spyware is a different issue, and not likely to be the cause of the problem. You might want to download "Ad-aware" (lavasoft) and "spybot - search and destroy" (both free if you don't expect auto updates). Regularly check for new updates and scan your PC, will keep your FoD disconnections low and also stop your PC from becoming cluttered with the spyware rubbish which slows your PC down (and sometimes poses a security risk).
Not sure what OS means, but my Browser is Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, I had FireFox at one point, but that was on my old computer. This new one didn't have it.

I'll have a look-see and see if anything you suggested helps.

-NightmareDragon
Now testing the game to see if it will load. Let's hope she works!

-NightmareDragon
Nope, still doesn't seem to be working. Anything else you can think of suggesting?

-NightmareDragon
"Not sure what OS means"
operating system, windows 98, xp etc.

Try downloading firefox again?
Oh, I have Window's XP as far as I know. I think it's the professional one, but I may be wrong. If I am, it's the other one - the home one.

-NightmareDragon
FireFox was with my old one when my Uncle updated it to XP. However, I can try downloading it, even though I'm not 100% sure how to.

-NightmareDragon
Okay, let's rule out Java. Go to 
http://zone.msn.com/en/zuma/default
 and see if you can play the game. If you can, then Java is fine. If you can't, something is interfering with your Java.

Java problems?

1 - Double check Norton (it's not always obvious). Close Internet Explorer. Disable the security center or firewall (whatever it is). On the Start Menu right click IE, go to internet properties. Clear History, cookies and Temp Int Files (including offline content). Open IE and try the game above. If it works, try FoD, if not try pressing CTRL-F5 on the screen where either game fails. Does it work? If so, Norton is the problem. Sometimes this clears it, otherwise Norton has to be configured (or disabled).

2 - Check Add/Remove Programs for what is installed. Make sure that all installed free programs are UP TO DATE - stuff like Adobe, Flash, Shockwave. If necessary update these programs. Old version can cause conflicts.

Not Java?

Check point 2 above anyway. In Internet Options make sure that Privacy is set to Medium and that Content  Adviser is not running. On the Advanced tab, restore defaults. I doubt these are the cause, but rule out the obvious.

You say you have a new computer? Have you run Windows Update? Patch your PC to the latest version. Are you using Windows XP?
Not sure what happened there, or why it is linking the whole text :O
Okay, I'll definately try your suggestion. I'm just downloading FireFox now and it's about 90% done at the time of typing this. Hence, I'm going to let that finish, then go about doing what you suggest.

-NightmareDragon
OMG! It seems to be something with IE! I am in the process of trying it on FireFox and so far it has the proper loading page (with the loading bar beneath an ad in the middle of the screen). I just quickly checked the progress, and it seems to be at the room selection!

No offence, but it looks like I don't need to take those steps you listed in your suggestion, Beppe (hope I got your name right). Thanks for all your help; I really appreciate it. Seems like it was IE the whole time, and I wasted your time. Well, maybe not me, but IE did. :P

Again, thanks so much! I really appreciate the help!

-NightmareDragon
BTW, Beppe, I think I know why your message did what it did there. You put a space between the < and the 'a', when closing the tag.

I'm fairly computer-smart, but some things do fly over me. :P

-NightmareDragon
I'm gonna try copying and pasting and seeing if taking out that space does the trick.

Okay, let's rule out Java. Go to <a href="
">
</a> and see if you can play the game. If you can, then Java is fine. If you can't, something is interfering with your Java.

Java problems?

1 - Double check Norton (it's not always obvious). Close Internet Explorer. Disable the security center or firewall (whatever it is). On the Start Menu right click IE, go to internet properties. Clear History, cookies and Temp Int Files (including offline content). Open IE and try the game above. If it works, try FoD, if not try pressing CTRL-F5 on the screen where either game fails. Does it work? If so, Norton is the problem. Sometimes this clears it, otherwise Norton has to be configured (or disabled).

2 - Check Add/Remove Programs for what is installed. Make sure that all installed free programs are UP TO DATE - stuff like Adobe, Flash, Shockwave. If necessary update these programs. Old version can cause conflicts.

Not Java?

Check point 2 above anyway. In Internet Options make sure that Privacy is set to Medium and that Content Adviser is not running. On the Advanced tab, restore defaults. I doubt these are the cause, but rule out the obvious.

You say you have a new computer? Have you run Windows Update? Patch your PC to the latest version. Are you using Windows XP?
Well, I got somewhat closer. At least it wasn't the whole message that was the hyperlink, LOL. :) Anyway, again, thanks a bunch to everyone that offered their help!

-NightmareDragon
I wonder if Pogo will load now? I may as well give it a shot too, seeing as I play on Pogo and like to play their Pogo Bowl, Chess, and Backgammon (and others).

-NightmareDragon
Beppe and Chris, you two seem to be very nice, and seem somewhat knowledgeable. Would you two care to be friends?

-NightmareDragon
"and seem somewhat knowledgeable"
trust me Beppe is the technical whizz on here, i just help with the basic stuff lol

And sure i'll be friends with you, do you play billiards? 

And be careful when posting, you can get banned for multiple posting like that, due to the fact your relatively new moderators should just warn you, but hopefully nothing will come of it, just don't multiple post in the future ;)
Ah, sorry, and thaks for the heads up. I'm on BattleOn, and you can't even double post. However, the reasons for not double posting are at least reasonable. However, they at least have an edit feature so you can edit your last post. :) I didn't see one here, so any extra I wanted to put up I couldn't do unless I made another post. :)

-NightmareDragon
Oh, by the way, I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I play a variety of games, including pool. I like the 3 pool games FOD has. I'm in room 2 of 9-ball right now. Think it's room 2, anyway.

-NightmareDragon
"I'm on BattleOn" used to go on that myself ;)

And yes it is annoying the non edit button, i often have done double posts because of extra info you suddenly think of. Maybe it's something fly or die are looking into.
If it works on Firefox then maybe it is the IE configurations. Glad you got it working, even if by sidestepping the problem :)
It also seems that Pogo will work on FireFox. :) This is a good thing. :) Again, thanks for the help! By the way, Beppe, wanna be friends?

-NightmareDragon
Sorry, Chris, had to leave because I couldn't type any messages. Come back to room 2.

-NightmareDragon
i could not type messages just is it a lil bug or my internet