« Back to All Topics
Can someone help please?
Posted in 
Technical
Can someone help please?
Posted in 
Technical
Can someone help please?
Hi...I've tried logging into Fodball..several times..I have installed the java required..but everytime i try to log in..it comes up with the same thing all the time

"In order to run our games Java must be installed on your system." 

and Java is already installed

StreamLine
Your the lucky one then stream,trust me your missing nothing.
yes i try logging in a few days ago as well,but i got the same message and i do like you have java installed...
What version of Java do you have installed?

Try removing ALL instances in add/remove programs and reinstall from java.com.
Didn't I just say that ?:|
Yes.

Its this time warp thingy that were all caught up in.

:D
yes streamy what ur seaking may be in the Foball forum chris had the same problem maybe this will help you

your computer after the java update open the game FoDBall, at the top of the log in screen there should be writing, saying "run active x control." Do this, and it'll log in and enjoy a merely half decent game which is a little too easy
Thankyou for all your replies..in which i have tried..but..it still says the same..and I don't even get anything up that says anything about Active X  :(..

StreamLine
I had the exact same problem and i did the same thing urban said, a horizontal box just below the address bad came up saying something like your computer doesnt let you sue this active x contol, along those linem i clicked it and put run and it allowed me to play.

Maybe someone can give info on how to allow the java software to be run manually. 
Check your security levels in the internet zone of internet options. If it is set to custom check the java and ActiveX settings (you'll have to use logic to work out what is what). If in doubt, you can set zone to medium. Here are some settings I have if you want to check against them (anything not listed is either disabled or something I don't consider important):

AxtiveX binary and script behaviours - ENABLE
Download signed AX controls - PROMPT
Run AX controls and plug-ins - ENABLE
Script AX controls marked safe - ENABLE
File download - ENABLE
Java permissions - HIGH SAFETY
Allow web pages to use restricted protocols for active content - ENABLE
Active Scripting - ENABLE
Scripting of Java applets - ENABLE

Does billiards work in applet? If not, then something else could be a problem so let me know.
beppe all the other games wrok properly to me,its only fodball that has the problem,i have tried all the above but still no result.
Then I haven't got a clue B21. No doubt someone from fod will help. I'll get you a Mach 3 while you are waiting.
nvm lol,i dont care much about this,i just wanted to try out the new game,which name btw made me even more curious:p
i had same prob tried everything i saw in the forum but after an hour of messing i found the ansewr (for me at least!)

tools- internet options- programs manage add-ons scroll down to and select - java(tm)se runtime environment 6 update 7

then underneath settings click enable 

good luck