« Back to All Topics
OK I will repost nicely:)
Posted in 
Technical
Posted in 
Technical
Is there any other way to set this new report abuse thing so  that it would be easier for everyone to report a problem? I am finding it really hard to send in screen shots since I have to now save it to file, etc. and it takes too long to do. I am worried that since it seems to be more difficult to do that there will be more abuse in the lobbies because it will take too long to send in a screen shot of a person.

I appreciate any feedback on this and mucho apologies to the FOD community for my last post. I was aggravated and I usually don't go off like that.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

~Danny~ (humbled)
Honestly the new reporting button I feel is kind of out of the way add on that not a lot of people will know where it is because not many players here visit the forum or know there is one (took me about 4-5 months before I realized).  I just don't see it working out as well as emailing the moderator address, unless this button can be put into the main login screen or where you select a room to play in where the button will be noticeable I don't see it working out in the long run.
I thought you had to send a screenshot as an attachment before the report abuse button too? 

I didn't think the new system was any different apart from the fact you send it through the site now. Please correct me if I'm wrong :p
(sorry for double post Fear posted at the same time lol)

I agree with Fear too, I suggested a similar sort of thing in another topic, without help you would have a tough time to find the report abuse button (Basically have to "hit and miss" through flyordie's pages).

Actually Chris all I had to do was go to Paint Program, crop it, copy it and paste it into an email and send. Now I have to save it, and it is a lot more work. I am curious to see what happens with this in the near future. 
<Big grin>

:)
~Danny~
The new Report Abuse thing is an easier way than last way, so I dunno why you're all complaining about it. But FoD need to put this Report Abuse link somewhere more noticeable than where it currently is - I doubt more than 10% of regular FoD players will know how to get there!
I'm sure the button can be moved elsewhere on the site pretty easily, just have to wait for the idea of moving it to reach the "higher levels".

And thanks for that Danny I understand what you mean now, I'm sure it won't be too bad spending a few extra seconds saving the picture and attaching it, in order to catch those naughty rule breakers :p
YES!! Ya know...I have been trying it out today, and it actually isn't that bad! I have to just get used to it, but I think that I can live with this after all. :)

Nice to see ya on the FORUM Chris! It's always a pleasure. :)

~Danny~
Lol you sound surprised to be seeing Chris on the forums! :O
Hey I'm trying to relax in my limelight here B-)

A request to have the button moved to 
 replace the "mute guests" button has 
 been submitted, which will if can be
 done, will send the previous ?? minutes
 of "chat" to the Moderators & Site Owners
 to be reviewed (hopefully eliminating the 
 need for screen shots).

Macca36 (FlyOrDie Moderation Team)
Nice to see some quick progress on the issue :) And the idea of sending the previous x minutes of chat is a step in the right direction :D
 "I just don't see it working out as well as emailing the moderator address, unless this button can be put into the main login screen or where you select a room to play in where the button will be noticeable I don't see it working out in the long run."

I agree that the button is not in the best possible location.  Many players won't have a clue where to find it, as many players didn't have a clue how to report abuse with the old email system either.  The problem is that FoD has come to rely on the few of us who DO try to help out by sending in reports, and rather then run the risk of people entering the site and thinking "oh golly, they must have alot of problems here", they simply hide the new button.  

Personally I think the button needs to be accessible from the playing page.  I play Larkinor, and I rarely close the page.  I time out after 8 hours, but a link comes up to return to the login page.  Once I have my two windows open, I don't go back to either the Larkinor page or the main FoD page, often for days.  

Having the button on the main playing pages would solve both those problems.  It would enable those of us who already send in reports to do it without wasting time opening new pages and remembering where it's at, and it would also make it hard for newer players to miss.

TeT
>A request to have the button moved to replace the "mute guests" button has been submitted, which will if can be done, will send the previous ?? minutes of "chat" to the Moderators & Site Owners to be reviewed
i agree it would be very useful on the main screen (of any game).  this would make it much easier to report abuse.  but what about abuse of that button?  might it be offered only to accounts registered at least (maybe 1) month(s)?  or only to subscribers?

>hopefully eliminating the need for screen shots
aww, this would be disappointing!  i find some joy in the "art" i can do with screen shots :p  often abuse in larkinor spans many "lengths" of the chat screen, so i will piece them all together in paint, to give the whole picture (yes, i know, a waste of time!)
but realistically, abuse happens in larkinor player-vs-player fights as well, which would not be solved by this new button.  hopefully screen shots to moderators (or at least through the new online form) would still be accepted for issues such as this.

--jason