« Back to All Topics
problems with chess rooms
Posted in 
Technical
Posted in 
Technical
anyone else having problems getting into the chess rooms?

blitz gives me the option of 1 completely empty room, rapid chess comes up with a "could not connect, room not found" message for all rooms...
Where do you get these exactly?
Like which page, where do you click, etc...

OP
you get the ad, you get the countdown, then you get the "initialising game" thing with the dragon in the background. then you get the pause and the usual "cannot connect, server might be down" thing i always get at work, then i check the "use http connection" as usual and with blitz i'm only offered one empty room, with rapid it won't connect to any, you get the error message i described above.
Which page do you start before the window with the ads and "initializing..."  appears?
Is it www.flyordie.com, www.flyordie.com/chess or another page? Where do you click on that page? 

OP
flyordie.com ---> chess ---> blitz chess "play now" for the one empty room

flyordie.com ---> chess ---> bullet chess "play now" or any of the rapid rooms listed for the "room not found" message

basically the same way i've been getting in for nigh on a year
Have you tried clearing your temp files?

OP
just cleared all cookies and temp files, same deal.
Have you cleared java plugin cache as well?

OP
sorry for the delay, was getting lunch.

i just cleared the java cache and it's still the same.
"connection refused: room not found" on all chess time controls now, but working fine with snooker/pool etc.
Try connecting without a proxy.

OP
thanks for your help, but at work i don't have that option - and all other flyordie games work fine. has anything changed at flyordie over the weekend that would restrict access to the chess but nothing else?
Op while your here can you tell us why server has been so dodgy over the weekend and if your gonna fix the time out bug in snooker? :D
Chess is on another server since a day or two, so it must be the proxy cache...

Try pressing "Shift" on your keyboard along with the refresh combination. So for IE it's "Shift-F5" or "Shift-Ctrl-F5" (sometimes Ctrl-F5 works by itself). For Firefox, the key combination is "Shift-Ctrl-R". Forced reload effectively sends a command (no-cache or cache-control) along the network to bypass the cached copy and retrieves the webpage directly from the host server.

OP
thanks again op, pardon my denseness but at what point do i hit the ctrl/shift refresh? if i do it when it gives me the error message nothing happens, same if i hold ctrl/shift "reconnect".
Best would be to try it at all possible places.

OP
doing it on every page makes no difference, thanks for all your help though, it's appreciated.
I've been getting this problem for a while now also. I've done the force reload several times, but it still doesn't work. The other games work fine though.
You can try another browser to see if it works.

OP
another browser and the picture is way to big opera,epic brave way to big nothing is working
at work i'm stuck with IE, i suspect a lot of other people will be too.
It seems to be fixed now. Thanks. Btw, I'm using Mozilla, always have.
I'm sorry for pestering, but it happened again. It was fine for around 2 days, but I couldn't get in again just a while ago.
OMG the OPERATOR replied so many times -any chance of giving some of your attention to the snooker room ?
 as it
 keeps on dc'ing
 foul on the black at end = 4 not seven
 the move and pass buttons are to close and often hit by accident
 in other games u have a chance to log back on if u dc ,but not in snooker
i know its the wrong topic room but u very rarly awnser in the billiards topic
thx... T H E    S T I G
I'm seeing some sort of a pattern here. Around every other day, I can't get into chess rooms.
Offline for 2 days now.. game refuses to load. Countdown advert timeout stops at 5 seconds

keep getting left red chess peace a circle then a blue screen nothing works