« Back to All Topics
PROBLEM WITH JAVA
Posted in 
Technical
PROBLEM WITH JAVA
Posted in 
Technical
PROBLEM WITH JAVA
i have downloaded and installed java numerous times now and no matter what i do everytime i got to play a game it says java needed but at the java website it says theres nothing wrong with my current version.
yea everything installed fine...chess works but 8 ball 9 ball and snooker wont work for some reason.. ive checked the installation and reinstalled it at least 6 times but its having none of it :(
This might be silly but..

Have you restarted the PC after you installed Java?
I've had the same problem ( my pc is on 24\7 although i dont use it all the time )
So after i restarted it, it worked smoothly.

Regards,

Cy
I am having the same problem all of the sudden,  I have been playing here for a long time,  note registered date on my name.  I have been subbed for many years, but with the lack of support lately and the fact that the site is in such disrepair and going down hill as far as the quality of service and lack of mods to patrol rooms.  Site isn't what it use to be.  I seriously doubt i will ever pay to play here anymore.
Clear your cache in tools-internet options (for IE).  Make sure you installed Java correctly by uninstalling previous installs.  Make sure site isn't blocked by anything...hope someone can offer more assistance.  

1-4 when online games fail...after that it is just "hope and pray".
thanks Fear  but even support cant help.  tried other browsers, everything.  It just this site.  Things have really gone downhill here.
Well I suppose we all have to hope and pray.  Do what I do everytime something goes wrong, send in error reports to tech support...they get enough mail they should do something, right?  Assuming they aren't a subsidary of EA.:p
Hi fellow forummers,

I too have this problem, even after clearing my cache. It still prom me for java, which i have installed again & again. Anyone have other solution(s)?

Thanks.
Same problem, guys! I think the problem comes from IE 7.o itself
Yea, just read on newspaper that IE.7 has some security loopholes for hackers. might be this problem? anyone have this problem with other web browsers other than IE. 7? Thanks.
if all else fails, simply roll back your java version to the previous one. Its not an ideal solution, but it should work.
Check the followingin ie:
tools - internet options - advanced
scroll down to "Java (SUN)"
see if the checkbox next to "Use JRE 1.6.0....." or similar
is checked.
Check it if not. 

OP
Hi veriac, may i know how to roll back the previous version of java? Thanks.
firefox browser seems to work ok  i thnk better that ie7  regards  geelong6