« Back to All Topics
Flyordie Servers & Possible Fix!!!
Posted in 
Technical
Posted in 
Technical
Are there any rumours about Flyordie updating or fixing their servers? They seem to go down a lot and I have suffered from the downtime myself. If there isn't, is there any way Flyordie can program or add a new section to the scripts for the games? For example; If Flyordie installs a 'network tester' or a tool which repeatedly checks the server's uptime. Then if it reports that a server(s) is 'down' or is suffering from major lag (packets being delayed) then it will relay that to the points server or a tool which will add an exception if you time out, resulting in you not loosing points?

Another solution for losing points due to downtime would be to increase the delay time it takes for the game to automatically sense that you have lost connection, giving the server's time to catch up.

Being a server manager myself, I realise how frustrating it is when a server is lagging due to very high load but there are ways around this.

I hope this is taken into consideration.

I understand that this topic can come under both Technical and Suggestion Forums.

Thanks for reading.

Look not even a reply, i like playing the snooker game but every time i play it, it says connection lost & i lose my points, im getting fed up with it now. Wheres the mods they dont even help or reply in this forum. 
>Wheres the mods they dont even help or reply in this forum

To be fair to the moderators they probably have little, if any at all, input/specific knowledge of the technical side of FOD so I don't see how they could help you as such apart from to give general advice that anyone can tell you.

Seeing as you said that you're being disconnected everytime you login have you checked to see if it's not a problem at your end? (Bad connection/problems with wireless/firewall interference etc.) I've had no problems on FOD with regards to connection problems. You could also try contacting FOD to see if they have more specific advice they can give you.
Hi

They could reply to tell us what is going on. There is no problem my end its flyordie servers. Everytime i play snooker i take 1 or 2 shots then it says connection lost & i lose my points. I dont have any problem with any other game sites only this site & it has been happening for the last few weeks. Im just glad i didn't subscribe to this site. 
if u do lose connection be warned u may of been banned but thats only if u have done something wrong if u try to reconnect and it then comes up with unknown reason then u have been banned most likely i know this coz a friend told me
No i aint been banned, it just says connection lost then it says to reconnect
then its ur computer most likely its not fods servers its ur end of the connection
Nothing wrong with any other game site only on here, it worked before but not working now
I know a mod is reading this before it gets posted. So can you give me some help & why cant i play a game of snooker it keeps disconnecing i can play a practice game no problems. It is no problem with my connection it is something wrong with the server.

Thanks
usally servo problem are external links such as g .links desconnect them and go direct to usb on computer
Maybe it's time to buy more bandwidth with all that subscription money.
Theres definatley something up with flyordie server, i have same problem , i play a game then bammm cannot find server and i get cut off. I know its not my pc or connection at my end, i hear so many people complain about the same problem. i pay to play aswell.  i think fod should look into this major problem because if people pay to play they should get what they pay for.  I hope fod look into this as many people arnt re-subscribing because of it.   THANKS st peter x
u guys are not only ones. I play chess and always locking up or slowing way down. lag is so bad i move as fast as i can and bam 15 secs gone from time,if game even comes back without leaving room. must be a solution. it is frustrating to lose points for no loss.
I totally agree, 

-Why hasn't FOD had at least 1 update.. since FOD was created!?

-No improvements, does look attractive for potential Subscribers for the 2nd time.

-FOD should evaluate our complaints and take them into acount.
I agree FOD should atleast have 1 improvement on each game yearly..
> Are there any rumours about Flyordie updating or
> fixing their servers? They seem to go down a lot and
> I have suffered from the downtime myself. If there
> isn't, is there any way Flyordie can program or add a
> new section to the scripts for the games? For
> example; If Flyordie installs a 'network tester' or a
> tool which repeatedly checks the server's uptime.
> Then if it reports that a server(s) is 'down' or is
> suffering from major lag (packets being delayed) then
> it will relay that to the points server or a tool
> which will add an exception if you time out,
> resulting in you not loosing points?
> 
> Another solution for losing points due to downtime
> would be to increase the delay time it takes for the
> game to automatically sense that you have lost
> connection, giving the server's time to catch up.
> 
> Being a server manager myself, I realise how
> frustrating it is when a server is lagging due to
> very high load but there are ways around this.
> 
> I hope this is taken into consideration.
> 
> I understand that this topic can come under both
> Technical and Suggestion Forums.
> 
> Thanks for reading.

i am getting really annoyed 4 games tonight winning and then connection to server  failed  thi s happens every time i play at home or my partners house different computer  
it use to be so fine..the same is happening to me...server disconected..and takes forever to connect again..not abble to play like that..but never before happened to me...so there is nothing to do guys?
Im 10 years late to add to this but mine is also bugged, it says connecting to server forever.