« Back to All Topics
Problems typing in fod chat
Posted in 
Technical
Posted in 
Technical
I am having problems typing in fod chat for the last few days. I can type on any other website, man, Skype, all that stuff but in the fod chat when i try to type nothing works, then sometimes i can type like one sentence then it quits again. I have a mac, updated java, idk what is wrong I haven't ever had this problem except like in the last couple days. I don't know what to do, thanks
I'm sympathetic - I have exactly the same problem, and it's seriously aggravating. When people try and chat with me, it makes me look rude.

I've reported this to the website, but (I guess like most everyone else) have gotten zero response. 

This website is fun but can be TERRIBLY frustrating ...

Redondo Paul
I have the same problem..and when it occurs i usually lose connection within 10 seconds..
This is a browser issue. I assume you are using Firefox. Sometimes I can't even type in Firefox' address bar even if not a single page is open.
To resolve the problem you have to click elsewhere in the window so the cursor in the chat input box will stop blinking. Then click into the chat area so the cursor will blink again and you will be able to type (hopefully).

Elsewhere=try the adress bar on top of the game window (it's disabled but you can still click into it). If that does not work then resize the window a little bit so you get some space between the game and the window border. Then try to click into that area.

Works everywhere besides tanx.. i always lose connection when it happens here..i dont understand o.O
Log out then back in usually will solve the problem.

Darren
thats the first thing i did LOL