« Back to All Topics
v.i.p. status
Posted in 
General
v.i.p. status
Posted in 
General
v.i.p. status
How long does it take to get the v.i.p. next to ur name?

To get VIP status you have to win a FlyOrDie system tournament or come 2nd in 1 if the 1st place has had a demerit or a ban before :p
I know but how long does it take to get it?
2nd place never gets a medal.

Trust me there has been 23 tournaments won by a player who is not eligable for VIP.
It dpends on the time of tournament. Generally speaking it should not take longer than a week. However, it has been known to take longer on some (rare) occasions.

Getting it a little late doesnt mean you wont still get a full month though, so dont worry, you will not lose out on it if you are eligible for one.

Veriac

either that if it has been more then a week, it could mean you've been disqualified :p (Official Results)
The tournament you won SUPERNUKE (which I came 3rd in:p) hasn't been confirmed yet and the results are still unofficial so I'm hoping the you and the other person in front of me get disqualified and I'll be there to pick up the pieces:D
Whoops I didn't come 3rd in it, I'm thinking of snooker:p
which (correct me if im wrong) is still being reviewed to see if anything 'fishy' was going on :p
Hoping for what? lol, even if you come second in a system tourney and first player gets disqualified, the VIP Status doesnt go to second player does it?
I thought not, although it would be clever, because this way FOD would be saving one month's free subscription to someone :p
It doesn't make sense though.

At the Olympics is the person in the gold medal position gets disqualified then the silver medalists gets the gold.

Oui?:|
Correction.

"At the Olympics 
IF
..."
Ah let me stop you there, This is not the Olympics.. It's a game applet. Secondly, why would fod want to lose out on i think its $2.99, it may not be alot, but in a business wouldn't you rather make money than have nothing at all?

your probably rigt that it gets moved to second place player, but i don't understand why.  Fod must be very generous :D
Ah let me stop you there, This is not the Olympics..

Knew you were going to say that:p
What I meant by it was that it is the same type of placings, 1st, 2nd 3rd etc...

And it wouldn't cost Fod anything as they don't have to pay to put the subscription on themselves.
Actually it does cost them, think about it, when that players subscription expires, they would most likely re-sub, which fod makes money from, now if fod were to give the VIP to second place, they would get an extra free month sub which fod would lose out preventing them from getting the money they could have got!
Butttt:p

If they allow the runner up or third place person to win the subscription if the people above them get disqualified then this might attract more people to subscribe to enter the tournament in the first place because they might think they have a good chance of getting a sub:D

I think we're over analysing it now:p
Not over till the fat lady sings :D and i havent sung so :p! (im not fat and not a lady!) But think about it, wouldn't they just participate in tourneys for everyone such as the 9ball system tourneys instead of subscribing to try and get the satus.

Fair enough, it's better for FOD's customers when prize goes to second player, but then fod would be losing out. I guess it does make sense somewhere along those lines.
Yes but the non-subscribers tournies don't come around often.

:p
hmmm this has turned into a discussion between jamez and airfusion