« Back to All Topics
....dont know how 2 title this?...just read
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
im bored so hears a question..is it possible 2 be really good at 8-ball/9-ball but stink at snooker? it envolves the same skills on how 2 aim right...so their shouldnt be a problem. just asking because i.....my "friend" has dat problem:p

1 more thing, do u get anything for posting alot of messages?
it is possible.dont know how though
i was descent in 8ball and only maintained 300-400 rating i it

and you get something for a lot of most

you get to annoy many people

You can be good at 8 and 9 but not snooker...

I see people in the two pool games with high ratings and such but when I come to play them they sometimes don't bother with trying to get position on the next ball.

In snooker you always need to get position if you wanna be any good.
Personally I think 9ball should be take out of this topic seeing as it is a much diffrent game. A game in where 50% of the time less then 9 balls are actually sank. 9ball is really about being able to combo the 9 not about running the table and making all the balls.

My opinon is once your good at potting balls in one game you can play them all. However you cant play them right away. Each game has diffrent statigies then the others and it will take a few games to get used to. But other than that I dont see how you could be bad at 1 of 2 games which as basiclly ideentical.
Im good at snooker but recently gone bad in 8ball, dont play nine ball... i used to be good in 8ball wen i played that but now i just play snooker as 8bal is crap these days...two many cheats and kids.
i was good at all 3 so was friskie and sharky.

it aint hard to be good at them all, i played 9ball the same i played snooker and 8ball run the rack and win :p

all the top players could be good at them all if they wanted to play them all

ty matt
I was good at all 3 an all but I lost total interest in 9-ball.

I've noticed that the 8-ballers usually struggle with snooker while snooker players are better at adapting to 8-ball. I can name a few who are all pot, no positioning! They are those who struggle to get any break going in snooker when they ain't getting lucky on every positioning shot!
ill just tell my "friend" 2 stop playing snooker. he really suks at positioning.