« Back to All Topics
FAVE FAMOUS CHESS PLAYERS
Posted in 
Chess
Posted in 
Chess
out of all the big chess players my fave has to be Bobby Fisher, the only non-russian at the time to be world champ, and he was american!!!he is still a execelent chess player but he is living in exile somewhere in the world, he does pop up every now and then, last time he apeared he said we should shuffle the back row of chess pieces, to stop ppl from winning on openings!!
   i also like Cappablanca, his dad was a international grandmaster and Cappablanca beat him at the age of 13, and with nobody to teach him in his entire life!!
  i was also reading Misha Botnavic's(a chess player)biography , he was a nice bloke with a strong endgame, but a biased point of view!!!
Bobby Fischer

Learned how to play chess from a book of his...
he's a bum 'cause he'll only play people who he thinks is worthy to play him or really grandmaster colleagues.

Vladimir Kramnik is a person that I believe has a lot of potential to earn a World Grandmaster title.  And given the fact that he is so young he still has a lot of time to get better and try to get it!

But the main thing is for Garry to beat the IBM computer cause I don't like it when computers are taking over all of the championships lol.
i think that kramnik only beat garik kasparov bcos he studied his game 4 a long long time, and as 4 the chess computer, its only programed 2 play kasparovs openings, and game plan. 
Garry Kasparov for sure!!! I mean...how many good looking chess players are still out there?!! I admire M Tal but I can't see myself being married to him... Bobby fischer...uhh not sure what he looks like. But I know of another dude who was REALLY hot...I just kinda forgot his name. He was famous though!!!
Jade are you delirious?? You think Garry Kasparov is hot??? I'm dying in laughter here. Well, I guess there's always someone to think someone is hot whoever they may be. I've actually seen pictures of hot chess females.I'm sure they could teach me a few positions at nighttime seeing as how they're good at puzzles...anyways, to each their own. *Speaks to garry* watch out garry, i'll be on top someday alongside of you and i'm going to let the lion out of the cage!! Prepare yourself...

I forgot to mention my fav. chess player, so far it's Yasser "Yaz" Sierrwan, he's from the U.S. baby!! He also is one of the handful of people who beat Garry Kasparov, you're the man Yaz!! You guys and gals should look him up online, he has a dvd teaching you chess strategy, check it out, you won't be dissapointed.
Someone actually beat Garry Kasparov? *confused* and *torn for life*
my favorite is BOBBY FISCHER!! he's da best also i like the little kid name Josh which he beat several grandmasters and he's only 13 years old right now!! he drawed with Kasparov in an exhibition game, a task seem impossible for a kid to do/ he will grow up to be like Fischer!!! 
What???? Only 13??!!!! I'm jealous of that kid!!! What's his full name??? I wanna look him up on the net. That really is amazing, I never thought some kid would come along to be that good...of course, there's always going to be someone better than the best, so it's understandable. Did that kid study a lot of chess books or went to a chess school? People like Capablanca who never had anyone to teach him must have an extra piece of cerebrum.
josh????!
he plays on the chess programe chessmaster, he is older than 13 right now!!!!!!! he was really good as a kid but not as good as an adult

mr.sir
Josh Waitzkin

I believe this guy began playing chess when he was 6 years old, and began entering professional tournaments at around 7 or 8.  He is the spokesperson for the Chessmaster series, a computer chess program which excels at teaching beginners how to play chess, and includes an array of simulated amatuer and professional players ranging from Tal to Anderssen to Kasparov.  You can also play the Chessmaster, whose Chess program uses a middle-of-the-road approach and has been rated by FIDE to be around 2700-2750.  He has beaten a number of professional players and has established a solid chess reputation, but he's not near the region that Kasparov/Karpov/Kramnik/etc., but his skill does improve at an excellent pace.
 YEAP!! Josh is da best dude he will grow up to be like Fischer!!!
 by the way guys I GOT A STAR AT CHESS TODAY I JUST BECAME AN EXPERT!!  CHEERS PARTY ON DUDES!!!  im so happy
I was doing some research on Bobby Fischer and people have said he was mentally ill, but I'm not sure what kind of illness they meant. I think he was schitznophrenic because there was a story I read about Bobby asking his friend to pick him up at a library around 2 a.m., and when his friend got there Bobby wasn't in sight. After his friend drove around for a while, Bobby suddenly leaped out of a bush and said "Help, demons are after me." That's very sad if he is. Although people have said he was the greatest, (I haven't personally checked his games out yet) he was an arrogant, and b@stardly guy. He was anti-semetic which I was blown away by. He made a comment about Kasparov which shocked me. He said, "A piece of garbage like Kasparov might be called a chess genius, but he is like an idiot savant, outside of chess he knows nothing." Man, talk about ego.

I believe Josh W. played as Bobby in a Paramount Pictures movie "Finding Fischer" or similiar name.

As I recall, Bobby is known for solid play as White who plays particularly well in the endgame.  Don't quote me on that though, I've read a lot of profiles on a lot of players.
finding fisher??!!
in search of bobby fishcer!!!!!

i beat josh age 13 at chessmaster8000 , bring it on baby!!!!!  
MR.SIR
and arseninde i didnt realise u were that good at chess,i never see u in the chess room, i thought u were devoted 2 tanx lol. 

mr.sir
JOSH IS IN HIS LATE 40'S !!!!!!!!

mr.sir
does any body here think that mr.kramnik will become one of the all time greats like fischer, cappablanca kasparov and peeps?

mr.sir
Read one of my earlier posts about Vladimir Kramnik.
yes, but will he become one of the all time greats??????
jade, if ur not going 2 give a reason then u can stop spamming in my forum threads

mr.sir
suit you could always ask a forum moderator to ban JadeFlower from your threads

-Minni Me
can u do that minni me?? hmmm 

and jadeflower, i assure u that i am not 12 yrs old, and nobody is stopping u leaving fod.

suit
 heheheh LOL!!  this is funny 2 little child argueing  LOL!! :p

That was amusing. Anyways, has anybody paid attention to the Vishy Anand vs. Judit Polgar match???? Vishy is winning. I don't have a favorite, but I am rooting for Vishy since he's the one who ended Kasparov's world title winning streak.  There's something interesting you people might wanna know. You can listen to Bobby Fischer in mp3 format that is being braodcasted from the Phillippinnes. It's amazing. This guy is so crazy you just have to be boggled by him. I won't go into detail. Just look him up on a search engine and you'll find the site.
 hehehe there it goes again off agrueing go jadeflower:p i found this entertaining:p keep going at it pleaaassseee...:p;)  suit dude and jade flower;)
i think me n jade sud sign a treaty not 2 argue... lol
sorry thesangman, i know u must luv arguements....

suit
 oh c'mon... it was entertaining..... lol:p   and jade why did you change your password on peach rose? i was goin to get a star for it :@:@ i asume you dont want it eh?
dammnit! they erased my post!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr anyways as I was sayin suit u sir i will never sign a treaty wit u, ****ed up lil worm I dont know what your problem is, u have such a stiff attitude towards me and he** I seriously do NOT know why. I didnt ever do anything to ur sorry @$$ 
jade, its a shame u have 2 resort 2 using childish remarks
its a shame ur even on this planet
 ooo:o  ahahahahah good one  LOL!!