« Back to All Topics
100 greatest or 100 worst? Wait. You needn't to say. The media got 'em all!
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Just got fed up by this telly programme idea of 100 Greatest sth(something) on Channel 4 from the UK. If you can watch Channel 4 , you'll frequently come across a series of long-winded 100 Greatest sth such as 100 greatest actors, actresses, horror moments on tv, films, songs or albums, British celebrity and so on and so on and on. You name it! 

In the programme the rank of 100 greatest sth begins with the least, the 100th, and ends up withthe greatest,  the 1st. It does not just show you who or what is in the rank but also shows you an-interview-like-comments on each rank from various critics, journalists, or the people invovled in the ranks themselves. Of course, the programme has a narrating background voice leading the viewers from the 100th to the 1st. 

This series of programme is so frequent on Channel 4 that it can be one of the contributing factors to defining what Channel 4 is (Maybe it needn't to be defined anyway). Moreover, 100 greatest sth is only one side of the story. They also have 100 worst sth.

It is clear and obvious that the top management of this channel does not seem to have better ideas of producing better TV programmes to increase its viewing rate. What do they do then? OK, in order to keep our institution busy, why don't we... have sth like ...100 greatest sth? And of course with the worst of them as well. Media in these days are just good at fooling the viewers. They won't care how you might kill your time. But if you choose to kill your time with the media, hey, they got all their frequent rubbish waiting for you.

Please give your comments or opinions on this programme or other media events. 

Regards,

Deining ;)
Audiences don't like change.

If dirty den off eastenders turned out to be homosexual then ratings would plumet (<-hmm can't spell:p).

TV is just one long cycle everything being the same and thats what people want.

And I like those shows:p

Deining,

yYou should take into account that Television is the strongest form of media. It is based on stereotypical aspects which obviously have been set by the media, to gain their audiences attention.

As James said, it's the most "un-real" factors that the media will present to get their audiences attention.  The media is very powerful and has brainwashed most of the people living no earth today.

lol Hah. ;)

Thanks all for da reply man? But what is funny that you KNOW you are brainwashed. Not 2 bad as I see it. Anyway, if you have any ideas and opinions on the media or any particular programmes, please say it and you are welcome. But dont attack ME personally. 

Hah hah hah lol ;)

I real had a nice time here.

Be cool 2 you 2.

Deining
Of course i know the media has brainwashed myself aswell as many others, the difference is i know i have as apposed to others who believe anything seen on tv.
lol ;)

Yea? you there? fusion? lol

Deining

As I see it, it is not just that ppl are brainwashed but also that the media will bring absolute danger to human life. The real bit danger begins from what they call 'reality TV'. Typical programmes are such as 'Jackass' etc. Ppl believe they are living in a warm bed of sweets. But actually, they are in big danger as I see it of which media is one of the dangers. Thx to Fus and Jam.

Regards,

Deining