« Back to All Topics
Mod Request Legit or Phishing Scam?
I was approached in the reversi lobby by a player named adil1080.  He/she asked me if I wanted to be a mod and told me to go to **************** and enter my username and password.  I was suspicious so I searched the forum on how to become a moderator, and I did not find anything close to that url.  I believe this player is trying to scam subscribers to hijack their accounts.  Please let me know whether this is legit.  Thanks!
i doubt you would be asked if you would like to become a moderator, i am quite sure you can only apply for it. Even if you could be offered, it is very unlikely that this is how it is done.
This problem was solved, and the Hacker was banned permanentement .
Just banning one nickname won't solve the problem! It would be more helpful if people are made aware of this type of problem through system messages similar to the one used to inform 'upcoming tournament' or the one like 'guests are not allowed to chat'. Then people would know when some one is trying to idulge in fraudulant activity and avoid them.
Better late then never...Lol.

Yay metallicarox, and thanks dear Moderator for helping to keep us all safe ))))*

With FOD Blessings and gratitude,

Tessa