« Back to All Topics
Population of moderators
Posted in 
General
Population of moderators
Posted in 
General
Population of moderators
As you all know, our mod population isnt very high right now. Four mods have already retired because the job was hard just by them slevs. (Magician, Lonewolf, Midnight Express, and Wyatt Earp) Now one reason why there are few mods is because FoD's rules are a lil too harsh for ppl to become mods. 
    If FoD would change the length of time for some one to become a mod, lower the age limit, and just not be so harsh on ppl sending in applications to be a mod, there just might be a few more mods out there.
    What do you ppl think?
The current standard of Mods on Flyordie is very good.No need to lower any application requierments.

Just need more Mods,thats all.
More applications that meet FlyOrDie's criteria should be accepted.
I didn't retire because the "job was too hard." I left the moderation team because as in the case of many hobbies, pasttimes, etc, there comes a time (after 20 or so months in this case) when you're ready to do something else. As for rewarding former mods for their service... they aren't rewarded in any significant way while they are active, I can't imagine that would change after they "retire".

I understand the age limit but what FoD forget is that some of the younger population (including myself, 13 in 9 days)... are extremely mature, as if not more amture than some of our older members.

So I think the mods should be hand picked by FoD staff.
THIS JUST IN !!

FOD 
does
 have MOD/S younger than 21 !!

If you would quit whining about age levels you could actually get to know people and learn something about them.

PS
 I think the most of the people who want to be mods would be unfit for the job because it seem like they are only after the power a moderator has. Personaly I think FOD should look outside and find some bum living off the street and give him the job. He/She would be a great canidate.