« Back to All Topics
Way to show rating depressed
There is so much cheating here that I find myself sometimes embarrassed at being too strong for someone who challenged me according to my rating at the moment, which was over a hundred points "depressed" by playing cheaters of one sort or another.

Could there be a button the player sets for his own nickname that shows he thinks his current rating is artificially too low? Maybe setting this up would be too much trouble, but it would be nice, and would avoid one off-shoot of the pervasive cheating: that two honest players end up mismatched and neither gets a satisfying game, through no fault of either player.
Surely-who could be bothered to cheat? Am concerned you think this may be so. Cheats never win in the long run from my experience. Good Luck. Enjoy.
I would agree to showing that my rating is depressed. I have been playing games and resigning if I win to keep my score at zero. Bascule has spoken to me about her displeasure with this practice I understand Bascule's concern. However, I could see this being more of a problem if the player with the depressed rating won the game. But I feel that players who intentionally play with a depressed rating and win against higher rated players would generally not disclose that their rating is depressed.  I would like to suggest that there might be an option to play a game unrated. 
> There is so much cheating here that I find myself
> sometimes embarrassed at being too strong for someone
> who challenged me according to my rating at the
> moment, which was over a hundred points "depressed"
> by playing cheaters of one sort or another.
> 
> Could there be a button the player sets for his own
> nickname that shows he thinks his current rating is
> artificially too low? Maybe setting this up would be
> too much trouble, but it would be nice, and would
> avoid one off-shoot of the pervasive cheating: that
> two honest players end up mismatched and neither gets
> a satisfying game, through no fault of either player.