« Back to All Topics
unwanted watchers/guests
unwanted watchers/guests
unwanted watchers/guests
is there some way to get rid of unwanted watchers, guests in a room while playing a game? a boot function? 
lately, i have been harrassed by multiple people watching games when they have not been invited.. how can we make this more of an enjoyable experience on flyordie games? 
i have no problem with people who ask to watch a game, but when they come in to games and follow me around, there is a problem. 

They can be blocked just like if you blocked them from interacting with you.
I agree with afj2323. In fact I just came to the forum to make the same request. SEC says they can be blocked but muting them but I don’t think that is the same as blocking and I have yet to figure out a way to block anyone. Actually, I think these are separate issues (booting/blocking/muting). 

Sticking to the point, can we please get a boot function to remove anyone we want to remove from a game we are actively engaged in? It is beyond creepy to have anonymous players virtually stalk you and that’s what this feels like. Even if at first it is just guests we can boot, that would be an improvement.  A game should be a safe place to play a game with someone you want to play without having to be needlessly distracted by people who won’t even show their names. Even if they don’t say a word, it is enormously distracting. 

Another option might be to have a function that would allow the players to play privately from the beginning of the game, so no one can come in to watch. 

Thank you for considering this request. 
>can we please get a boot function to remove anyone we want to remove from a game we are actively engaged in?

Will never happen.  You'll just end up "booting" your opponent to give yourself the win and thus abusing it by booting other players for no reason.

>>Another option might be to have a function that would allow the players to play privately from the beginning of the game, so no one can come in to watch.

Just mute them, it really is the best thing to do.  In some board games there is a "please be quiet" button, you can also use that to your advantage to keep the spectators hush :)

>>>allow the players to play privately from the beginning of the game, so no one can come in to watch.

This is a good suggestion and it has been suggested before.  I think if they were to ever implement it they would create a 'Private Room'.
we don't want a boot function to remove players in a game.. we want one for guests and players not participating.. 
I have been harassed by players and guests during games frequently, and even after asking these "friends" to leave, they sit there and comment on the outcomes of the game and watch our conversations, and it makes the entire experience unpleasant... I've almost left this site completely on more than one occasion and it has been the same couple people every time to blame. 

if not a boot function, how about private rated games as an option ?
Ditto what afj2323 said, it’s not about booting someone we r playing. Only those who drop in to watch a game and do not identify themselves or are there to incite and provoke. 

Also wanted to let you know that the other day, a guest came in a game and sat there even though I asked them to leave and even after my opponent and I stayed there after the game was over and did not chat. There was NO reason for that person to be there other than to harass us. 

Another day I had two named players and two guests in the observe mode during a game I was playing. You look in that box and there are 6 people involved in one game, when u include me and my opponent. That is an unnecessary distraction. 

Reported harassment and feeling uncomfortable and creepy are good enough reasons to take this request seriously.

Lastly, there most certainly is a way to make this happen. After all, it was a function on the Yahoo Reversi site for years.

Thanks for your consideration!
Hiya, For me, I have had to get used to this and much more. Talk about Yahoo? Yeah. Nice place. Vinco Online Game site aka VOG is/was the cream of the crop. All I can think of after complaining about just such things, FlYOrDie won't change this. I have offered to raise more money if that was the problem. Heard not a thing, generally back. For me, I've had to accept things the way they are. Been here since 2008. Still, love it with all of its flaws. Kinda' like my friends and myself looking in the mirror. Of my friends were perfect I wouldn't have any! Lol.Would severely dislike a KICK Feature in this, a Family Game site.  The old kurnick now playok.com it ain't! Luckily, we have a way to MUTE and to whisper aka Private message. One can always go elsewhere if it is such a problem, methinks. Thank you, Moderators, for creating The Forum! It's working. Our precious newsletter. : ))* Just Judy 
>>>>allow the players to play privately from the beginning of the game, so no one can come in to watch.

>>>This is a good suggestion and it has been suggested before. I think if they were to ever implement it they would create a 'Private Room'. <<<

Lol, if that happens great. But, ya think ya have X-cybering now? Crikey, just imagine the extra moderators it would take to keep up with all of them o this, a Family Games site!  Lol.  Blessings~~* Judy

Hiya came all the way back here before bed. One huge detriment of closed tables...it would make for a bunch of elitists.  We, the general population methinks would often not be able to watch many of our Grand Master's play. Not discuss moves, not chat if the players allowed. If you do this, for me, it will be a sad day indeed. Our shield colours and statistics already divide us somewhat from each other! Here, at FlyOrDie, like The Three Musketeers," All for one and one for all." : )))*. Judy
PostScript.
One can also go elsewhere here, to other games...make secret nickname...be guests that use other methods and forms of chatting and/or talking. ie. Skype, WhatsApp etc. There is also a tool I had to come up with at VOG aka Vinco Online Games. Since I was asked to be not a "Sysop" aka Moderator here. But, I was asked to be one of their, "Hostesses. Just before we moved from VOG #1 to VOG #2. The latter still existing. 

A Russian invented it shura aka Alexander. He did so for a Hobby. It had features exactly the same, yet better than ICQ. On ICQ I was one of the first 400. Therefore, I do know a Lil' about that feature. They had a Bzillon! But, that's for another Post, MayB. Lol. 

I had to find a way not to be distracted by "kibitzer's and even opponent's chat. So dear "A,"=afj2323 and, Kim here's was and is my not so secret invention now! Lol...I out cardboard, paper anything non-see-through over the chat screen part. <Wink and grin>.

Hope ya get over the hard parts for you two! Can surely be a hassle if I let it. :-p. Just Judy ❤️
Hiya, afj2323 dear, Yes, we have many kids, teens and adults that do not use manners of etiquette, if they were even taught them...sad. We here at FOD have Bullies, Harassers, Stalkers, Programs, sneaks and cheats. Would often like to put on punching gloves and go into the BoXing Ring here in Public Lobby with them! Lol. Then I collect myself, remembering two pearls=charms that work @ least for me. "Kill them with kindness." and love. Or best yet, pretend they are Muted know what they say, yet...Ignore them!"RoFlmAo*." ❤️ .Tessã. Please, I love Y'all. Respect some. Giggles. Okie-Dokie, it's way too early mornin' here. God bless and G'day to Y'all. xox ~* . :-p