« Back to All Topics
Brrrr & Leonel Yunior-- cheating in GO
I have played Brrrr a few times and, on 9s, s/he cheats (as does Leonel Yunior).  This is how:

1)  If you are winning, and things seem decided, you pass.

2)  Brrrr (and Leonel Yunior) will then pass.

3)  It then comes time for you to mark their dead stones.  

4)  At this point, they decide to want to continue the game.  When the game starts again, you have to move (pass is not an option).  So you must place one stone.

5)  What this means is, you are essentially losing one point every time this maneuver happens, and they are basically trying to reduce the difference between your score and theirs until they can win or draw via komi.

It is important to note that this is not aproperty of go, but rather just of this server:  in real go, once both players have passed, there is no going back to play, so these two are using a computer loophole.

hari
Also Gogago does this in 9x9 too.
OK! Hari, Who starts this kind of tactics?
It was you, when I was same stones ahead, you put one stone in the middle of my teritory ant say that I must show you that it is dedad;)
I will loose 4 points of territory;) 

Once again - You start this kind of "cheating", thats why - relax:) The Vengeance is sweet thing:)
In real-world go, once both players have passed, you cannot resume play.  So, when you "resume play" six times to try to win via komi, you are cheating.

If you're too stupid to understand, too bad, other people do...and that is what matters.
Either Brrrr or Leonel Yunior is now playing under a new name, "Harihari-looser."