« Back to All Topics
I have no idea how to play Go.
I know this sounds really stupid but I have no idea how to play go. The only reason I really came here was because me and my friend wanted to play each other after watching the show Hikaru no Go. It seemed really fun. 

I mean, I don't know where to start. I thought I'd just watch some games for the time being. Does anybody know where I can learn?
only way u will learn is by playing who cares if u lose there are a lot of other beginners in all the games here just have fun
Or you could just look up a tutorial on youtube or look up the rules.
I watched Hikaru-no-Go, but I still would't try to play Go, it seems deep, I don't think I could keep up with any opponent, even a novice.
I would recommend beginning with 9x9 board, it's easier to get the basics of the game out there. After playing about 25 games you can play on bigger boards. I assure you that it's worth trying, as the rules are simple but game itself is one of the toughest in terms of strategy.
Anyway, if you will or won't like it - you can't know for sure unless you try it yourself, which I really recommend :)
Artik