« Back to All Topics
**Tanx Rating Study Underway**
Posted in 
Tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
In an effort to stomp on all bankers, I have initiated a statistical study on how to crack down on bankers.  The study samples the statistics of various Tanx players with a rating.  By assembling the stats to create a curve which most people fall on, I can see if their actual performance reflects thier ranking or not.

The study, if successful, could provide a more solid way of proving who are potential bankers.  I am already at about 40 percent done with the 100-sample study.

This study is backed by the LLD, a group who takes an aggressive stance against ALL Tanx cheaters.  We do not tolerate those people in Tanx, whether they are in our group or not.

Please reply with any comments you might have.  
The progress is now at approx. 45 percent completed, with 50 samples that have been taken.
thats right Ar,  Look out bankers, LLD coming throoooo-hoooo !
The progress is at 60 percent, with 80 samples taken.

So far, I have created a way to indicate possible bankers whose rating is more than 100.  However, for those bankers whose rating dropped lower than 100 is inconclusive in whether they are or are not bankers.  I'm gonna erase all of the samples below 100 rating (about 20 of these), and then retake them using the Results Returned stat to try and compensate for what seems to be inaccurate data (to better explain, most people who have low ratings don't reflect their skill well).

I will be posting a chart shortly which will help show some of the results that I've recieved so far.
The image is a bit fuzzy, but it is very clear which pieces of data are posible canidates for bankers, which are the sudden rises in the red bars.  The green line also reflects these rises, but it doesnt rise normally so using it to find a banker is easier.  But note how that line moves wildly at the beginning, an indicator of poor accuracy.  It will be harder to find bankers whose ratings may have slowly leaked away to this zone using that line. 
I hate to tell you this Arsenide but you need a girlfriend real bad. I mean stats and graphs on tanx bankers and cheaters....do you have a pen pocket protector or tape holding your glasses together? If so, please step away from your computer, put down the bag of cheetos and procede to remove your plaid neck tie and socks. There might be some hope for you, dear God help him. I would like to know how you feel about my comments.
Smashingly Yours
VEN0M 
Those who respond to the person who used their career as a statician in a negative way have a 99% chance of being bankers themselves.

The other 1% are just morons.
I've returned from a momentary vacation, which is why the analysis was temporarily halted.  It will resume tomarrow.

Venom: This study is done in free time, when otherwise I'm idle waiting for pages to load with my exceedingly slow 56K modem.  And even so, the study is going at a fast pace which means I can get a good amount of it done while chatting in Tanx, taking people's ratings from their service records.  If I was wanting to devote additional time to either speed up or improve the accuracy of the study then it would be much further in completion than it is right now.
Ven0m you leave him alone you second hand tanx player who dont know didly squat about anything. do you even have a girlfriend yourself you 2 legged embarrassment to mankind!
you picking on My friends..`````
your picking on me....
Do the right thing and shut that hideous BlaCkH0|_E of yours that has deformed in the middle of your head !
Arsenide..did you post the results about me ?..lol..i dont bank ...}:>
who exactly did the results come out to be that are bankers ?
The names that are used are not recorded to keep the data anonymous.  In other words, I cannot reveal who are potential bankers, nor do i have access to such information.

While the analysis is still incomplete, the names that the data belongs to is irrevelent.  After it is done, I will make a webpage with a JavaScript program that will house all that is necessary to test certain data to see if someone is a banker or not (with a % chance of being a banker).
NERO is right Arsenide keep up the study. Also I agree with ¹³ in regards those who are responding to you in a negative way are most likley bankers. How a person spends their time is up to them, you didn't have to explaine anything to Venom. My wife thinks we are all a bunch of geeks for playing a silly war game on line. She also thinks it is silly to think up weird snd goofy names. She is probably right. Some people spend hours in the lobby chatting, others playing the game and some spend most their time in the Forum. How ever you like to spend your time is your priority. We all can't be the same.
I think it is great that you have the ability to put together such a study. I hope it is accurate.

[img=
http://www.imgmag.org/images/mr.bluze/x8.bmp
]
>Steel Venom is my name
>Tanx is my game

>>When I get you in my site
>>Then I coil, then bite

>>>You will never forget the PANE

Maybe you would kindly explain how therese players are actualy banking???

Forever.England FlyOrDie Moderator
Well, first I need to reiterate that this data is not collected during or right after a player has just gained points.  So, the method that it is carried out, i.e. where is was done, how many people involved, how long it lasted, is unknown.

The point of what is doing this is to detect culprits who have committed to losing intentionally further back in time, where it would be harder to find such bankers.

The reason why this is possible is due to a relationship between your rating and win loss ratio.  The fact is that the rating will rise much faster than the win loss ratio if you win many times in a row, which is usually the case when banking.  In addition, if you have been banking for the majority of your returned results, but have recently played a game where you lost most of your points, then your win loss would be abnormally high for your rating.  That is my hypothesis on how measuring your statistics should be carried out.

The results only show that, a possibility of a foiled result created by a banking player, not any details of how the banking was carried out or even if it was efficient.
Yea , u said it..... funny how a post i made was deleted refering to this. Guess u can only say whats approved of. 
:O
I see that Blud. You said they may remove your post, and they did. 
Kinda why I don't play here anymore..."they" seem to cater to the ones that don't play by the rules of use.
:( . This is/was a fun game just to many politics involved.....hope this isn't deleted.;)
I would like to remind you guys that criticism of moderators is not the purpose of this topic, so please keep that somewhere else.  
I would like to point out that this study is very difficult.  Because, you have to factor in the skill level of all the players.

If, a good player plays people of lesser skills his ratio will jump, however, if he is in a room with the same level of players, he would have a kill ratio of 1:1.  The ratio would be dramatically increased when facing newbies or the less skilled players, it could be as much as 10:1.  

So when you are doing this study, you may want to consider that into the factor.  This is game is too hard to put a simple statistics anaylsis together.  

You need to have your 100 samples, divid them into 3 separate skill levels.  Maybe, have 30 in each group.  Then conduct your study.  

Otherwise, your results are meaningless.  With what i suggested, if you see a spike in the lower skilled group, you will know what's happening.  However, the higher skilled people may jump from 300 when playing the same skilled to 700 by player lower skilled people.  Just watch snakdaddy.  Me, Tali, and snake.  scores were around 200-300, then when we stopped and started playing in other rooms, our scores were inflated back to 500-600 points.  It's difficult, because, there are just too many variables.

I've seen Pancho, go from 300 to 750.  He wasn't banking, he was just playing good, maybe on a team or playing lesser skilled tanxters, but not banking.

Good luck with your study, However you need to rethink your sampling.

fast_yz400 WG
You Imposter!!!! There is only one Venom and that's ME !!!! Don't cross paths with me Steel Venom, cause i'll turn your steel into stool !!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

VEN0M RuLeS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm ensuring that all of the statistics are taken over a wide range of skill levels, even though it is hard to balance them especially when the majority of players lie in the very low rating zone.

I add that I will often take data from the same player as his rating changes, to see how the results may vary over a short period of time.  Additionally, I can view the ratings of the last opponents and see the changes of the various variables as well between the two periods and see how they move in relation to each other.

What I'm saying is that there's a bit more being done than what is shown here, which is because I'm trying to simplify it.  Also, I could do a second scan of all of the samples and view other aspects of the data which may play a role as well.  Perhap's I've oversimplified it for some people, but the general idea of TRS will be easier seen this way.
Venom don't get your scales ia a bundle. I am not trying to be a imposter. I have been working on this logo for a good length of time. If you want to attack me go ahead. This is only a 
GAME
!!!! There are plenty of players with similar names. I took the name mainly for the logo. Remeber impersonating is a form of a
compliment. But any time you want to battle let me know. I don't really care if you win or not. I play entirely for the fun, not for ranking or points.
[img=
http://www.imgmag.org/images/mr.bluze/x8.bmp
]
>Steel Venom is my name
>Tanx is my game

>>When I get you in my site
>>Then I coil, then bite

>>>You will never forget the PANE

hiya Arsenide, get to stomping....:p
listen to fast when he talks about playing non skilled players he has the best knowledge of that topic first hand
The steel venom is the dullest "rollercoaster" ive ever seen.
Mr. Bluze, I can't make any exact figures and it'll probably be pushed back, but I believe the project has reached the half-way mark on being completed.
Its a little bit further but because I've had to start over on a few of the samples, the progress has slowed down a bit.
Hey i got a new study for you  !  Study the affects of Mr Bluze bad breath on other tanx players! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And also hurry already with your study, you've got be the the slowest and dumbest statistian in the world ! 
Smashingly Yours,
VEN0M  
Everything has not been completed because I have gotten very busy in the past few weeks.  You all must be more patient because it may not be done for awhile. 
I really dont think this study will show much in my OPINON i belive that 90% of the people who bank for points have also helped others bank. There for they should apear somwhat normal.
Banking is where you play bad players loadsa times and get points right ? I see nothing wrong with that. In pool i play bad players to practice/get my ego up/ get points.
Banking by definition is using another player who is intentionally willing to allow his opponent to kill him for points.  A player who is being banked off of will make no attempt to kill his opponent, and therefore he may or may not be good.  In fact, a person being banked off of could very well be the best player in Tanx, but he is still participating in an illegal act.
I left Tanx for this reason.The bankers as you call them,I call them cheaters and get banned by the MPs.So good luck,if you get things changed,who knows,maybe I'll come back some day.     Tiger
HI TIGER 

DANGIT GIT ON MY TEAM 

WE NEED YOU!
WE are here for a reason TIGER!

We wont let these bankers stop us and our cause! I was just like you...but they need us! So we get in there and stop em! WE ARE REBELS DONT PUT OUR CAUSE DOWN!
TRIGGER_HAPPY ^ MONTHS?? al i did was embarissing brock and they dermit for embarrissing? 
Seems THEY havent sorted IT out yet.
LOL guess the study went south. 
OMG SUIT! YOU POSTED NEARLY 100 POSTS TODAY :O
I think this quote from Arsen ;) 
"Banking by definition is using another player who is intentionally willing to allow his opponent to kill him for points. A player who is being banked off of will make no attempt to kill his opponent, and therefore he may or may not be good."
 Is a very good quote. We all seeing players bank, but in this definition some of our thoughts have been changed to think that just a player going against a weaker player is wrong. I'm not sticking up for those bankers, but some, I said some are actually pretty good players. So you know lol...
LOL VEN0M Just stirrin some stink up. hehehe thats a good boy ;)
Well, actually Confederate, I posted 
over

! They all got deleted though :p
    1 thing i have to say about your study on ratings and bankers.....I believe team playing ,which i see a lot of groups doing nowadays ,is a variable that is almost impossible to accurately gauge.  Being that numerous strategies are being employed and tried all the time.      To me its not the ratings methodology that needs changing,the weaponry and damage-sustained parts of the game need updating.  obviously better players will utilize ,weaponry and powerups much better than lesser players,not to mention movement and shooting accuracy. So increasing amount of weaponry,and increasing the amount of damage one can sustain ,will close the gap between players. It should also make any study done on ratings way more accurate and easier to decipher data. This would also put a hinderance on bankers because of the increase of damage sustained per kill.  Please think about this and if your unsure of exactily what i mean please don't hesitate to ask me to be more indepth.                                                                                                                  thanks,keep up the good work....                                                                                                                    TANXZERO
I agree on the teams idea...however it is only fair to include this because it is assumed that any teams will be equal either in number or skill for both sides.  Of course, teams used to overwhelm (such as 3 versus 1 or greater) will cause inaccuracy because of the circumstances.  It is generally assumed that this behavior is rare enough to not affect the average rating to players who have alot of results (this tells us that people with more results are generally more reliable and easier to measure than people with less results.  Also, people with a ~result cannot be included).

Additional, strategies used will affect the kind of rating you get.  However, I am basing this study on there being reached an equilibrium between two or more opponents.  This is saying that although one side can be beating another, there becomes a point where no side gains advantage (have you ever seen a football game where nobody scores because they never change the way they are playing?).  Diverse strategies depend on an equal amount of win and lose because you are testing to see if it works against the opponent (it will still stay the same eventually when you have found one that works). Of course, because everything is cumulative, we still see one person being better than another due to repetitive plays (see mathematician John Nash and Game Theory).

Anyways, since this study has started, the rating system has changed which makes the data obsolete.  With this new rating system, I expect to see a more linear kind of curve (one where it takes much longer to get a high score like we've seen in the past).  Before hand, you would notice a very high number of very low rated players and a very low number of extremely high rated players.  Now, the trend seems to spread this much more even and to cutoff the rating at around the 500 to 600 mark.
ok,agreed,but my theory upon more weaponry,and more sustainable damage....example ,-1-lesser players expend ammo more rapidly....-2-lesser players don't use power-ups and terrain ,or resupplies proficiently....-3-lesser players sustain self-inflicted damage more readily......-4-etc. etc. etc............lesser players do everything less efficiently,correct...thats a given,right?  so by increasing what lesser players need ,it would put the gap between ,good and bad much closer.     this type of help doesn't help the better player since he would readily aquire it anyways.   discard the power up which let the better players run wild.........would also hamper bankers by having to inflict more damage to score...                                                                personally my record would be much better if i had more ammo and were able to sustain more damage.   so many times i could have beat a better player  ,had i had more ammo....                                                               ty                                                                            TANXZERO