« Back to All Topics
Offer Draw
Posted in 
Chess
Offer Draw
Posted in 
Chess
Offer Draw
I am new to fly or die chess, so I do not know if this issue has been brought up, but I just played a game in which I was assured victory, yet I was informed that my opponent claimed a draw I did not offer. Is there a move limit ( This is a totally inapt way of describing my point I know)? If there is, it would be appreciated if it was made known publicly
http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/chess/en/games_rules_chess.html

"The player to move can claim a draw if
 - the same position with the same player to move is repeated three times in the game
 - there are have been 50 consecutive moves of white and of black without
 # any piece taken
 # any pawn move"
""The player to move can claim a draw if
 - the same position with the same player to move is repeated three times in the game..."

That's not correct, you should be able to claim the draw even if you made the last move that makes the 3-fold repetition. With this bug, these time players try to cheat you not claiming the draw, just trying to "win" on time. A 3-fold repetition is always a draw, no matter who moved last. Both players should be able to claim it. Please fix this bug that allows unsportsmanlike behaviors... (even more!!).

PS: computers room won't avoid engines cheating people, but will avoid all kinds of time "wins" that are really dead draws or even losses. This site is nowadays more like CheatOrDie...