Forums » Chess
Chess Rating
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Most recent reply posted by: ExtremeMoves (May 19, 2017 12:29 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 3   Pages: 1  
ExtremeMoves

Chess Rating Posted: May 19, 2017 12:29 PM
Something i noticed here playing at this site. Why does your rating go down over time? This doesnt make any sense at all what so ever. If i do not log in for a few days i loose rating points for no reason. This does not happen on other chess sites so why would that happen here?

jindra

Re: Chess Rating Posted: Jul 1, 2017 6:38 PM
There are worse issues than this one. Eg we often end the game by server connction lost.
When the site is not able to support started game, why should they have a proper rating engine.

Neoapsis⊕

Re: Chess Rating Posted: Jul 4, 2017 2:05 PM
Imagine there is a player with a program and he goes up to 1100 points. The rating is steady. I dont see more than 2 players getting to that 1100 points. That means that the player in question without playing for weeks, maybe he is always at the top because other players are not able to get that amount of points. Is not fair for other players.
I think other sites must do the same.
Look on the bright side. I would suggest you playing against people with a rating similar to yours until you are better ,otherwise it will definitely keep dropping with playing of without playing. And is good also for your strength.
I think this system of dropping down the rating works perfect to me and other players. ^^

daver55

Re: Chess Rating Posted: Aug 29, 2017 10:14 AM
i am at 1o lvl

Replies: 3   Pages: 1  
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page