« Back to All Topics
Chess Rating
Posted in 
Chess
Chess Rating
Posted in 
Chess
Chess Rating
Something i noticed here playing at this site.  Why does your rating go down over time?  This doesnt make any sense at all what so ever.  If i do not log in for a few days i loose rating points for no reason.  This does not happen on other chess sites so why would that happen here?
There are worse issues than this one. Eg we often end the game by server connction lost.
When the site is not able to support started game, why should they have a proper rating engine. 
Imagine there is a player with a program and he goes up to 1100 points. The rating is steady. I dont see more than 2 players getting to that 1100 points. That means that the player in question without playing for weeks, maybe he is always at the top because other players are not able to get that amount of points. Is not fair for other players.
I think other sites must do the same.
Look on the bright side. I would suggest you playing against people with a rating similar to yours until you are better ,otherwise it will definitely keep dropping with playing of without playing. And is good also for your strength. 
I think this system of dropping down the rating works perfect to me and other players. ^^
CHESS RATINGS SOMETIMES GET RANDOM WHEN A HIGH RATING PERSON WANTS TO PLAY WITH A LOW RATING PERSON
First of all there is no other chess site that i know of that you loose rating because you dont play. No body looses rating in chess because they didn't play.  That would be like telling Kasparov the highest rated player in the world ohhh well you didn't play in any tournaments this year or last few years so your actually rating is much lower than what is it last was. Are you kidding me?????

And so if there is a player that earned his way to a high rating like 1100 or whatever then stopped playing i'm sure the players he beat to get his rating high are still around to be played and another player could get a high rating also like said player.  If you earn the rating you earn the rating who cases if the said highest player stops playing. No one ever got high rated by not playing in chess doesn't matter what site your on. The guy earned his way to be a high rated. If you want to beat him then you gotta beat other high rated players to move up.  You should not be penalized for not playing.    There really is no logical argument here to penalize someone for not playing.
Se o melhor do mundo nao joga por um determinado período de tempo,é claro que deve cair no ramque, afinal como se pode saber se ele continua sendo o melhor

It makes sense to me. You can't just have someone not play forever and maintain their rating. 

At some point, the ratings would just be crowded by people who haven't played in years.
Why would make sense? Of course it doesn't make any sense. You can always play other players that are still playing and earn your way to the top if your able to.  This is not how the official tournaments and rating systems are used in the chess world.  Check out FIDE and USCF official chess rules. But as of this posting I think they are no longer reducing a players rating daily.  Which is how it should be.