The number of games option is a bad addition
Posted in 
Chess
Posted in 
Chess
Good morning.

Now to start I love flyordie have used the site for many years and enjoy it here, and the update with the pieces was a welcome addition and showed you listened to your players.

The one feature I cannot understand is where subscribers have the option to have a set amount of games in one match, this happened against me several months ago, where I played someone who had "6 games in one match" unfortunately I misinterpreted it and thought he was playing 6 games at once simultaneously, when in fact I was duped into playing 6 games in a row which could potentially last 4 hours and that is a commitment few can make, I didn't know this I left after I won and in turn I lose 5-1 and lose a lot of points, but this isn't about me moaning about that but just an example, I've learned.
 The problem is not many people know about this feature and what happens is the people who use the "6 games in one match" feature know that and use it to hustle people as I previously stated not many people want to play 4 hours continuously especially against the same opponent and the people who use the feature know that, so if someone wins 2-3 games of the session then has to leave it finishes 2-4 or 3-3 which is absurd.
 So what do I propose, I propose removing this if we want to play against an opponent again we have the return match option and if we were so inclined to play 6 games against the same opponent we can do so that way, if it's not broke don't fix it, the people who are using your "number of games" option addition are abusing it, I hope this is taken seriously as I love your site and the many improvements you have made down the years, but this is addition is a backwards step.

Kind Regards

White Knight
Same thing just happened to me. A cheap hustle. For why? What kind of mind would do that. I mean play chess, don't just con. What fun is that.
Thank you for this lesson.  The next time I see one of those new guys with the ~ next to his rank, I will be sure to challenge him in a 6 match game to properly welcome him to the world of FlyorDie.

Sincerely,
The Commando King