« Back to All Topics
Many lost games on broken server
Posted in 
Chess
Posted in 
Chess
Have had my server disconnected around 15 times this week and lost games. An inside job I believe with the so called volunteers. Nothing is wrong on my side.

I loved playing chess on this site. But it has gotten to me. I wish flyordie  would do something about these inside hackers. But I guess not. I don't  want to stop but I guess I'll  Have to. These two hackers got in somehow. Not good chessplayers. A good chessplayer wouldn't pull that kind of stunt.
Who are you talking about exactly?
You know I really appreciate your reply. So much so, I think I'm just going to try to apologize to them without naming them. I would have today, one of them was moderating the game but I couldn't type fast enough, I have arthritis, and then hit a wrong key. And their was the game and my chance. Next time, ill just say, I'm sorry. Because I made comments to them which I believe started the whole thing. Like why were they always watching my game. Hey, this is my fault. But thanks so much for your reply and concern. Maybe this will work out.

Yours,

Dancat

I think I know who the 2 players are that you are talking about... I see them regularly sitting in the Chess Room together watching people play.

They are NOT moderators.  A Moderator will have a big exclamation mark against his name.  If you hover over the icon, it'll tell you what it means.
Hi, can tell you now. Won't bother you again. Apologized to the two yesterday but then had another broken server. Happens every day now and I can't  concentrate. So that's  it. I'm  through. I was getting pretty good too. Was going to join. But kept putting it off before. Thank heaven's for that. Okay names are orico and the other ends with gil . They're  together a lot of the time. Sometimes in a room with only 3 or 4. Probably chatting. But all I do know for sure is that they watched my every game for a while. They might be great guys. Who knows. But if they're  not, it's  going to hurt you in the long run.

Best of luck. And thank you for reading this!
Oh! I can't  Thank you enough for your interest! Well, you know they have those little red things. Tried to find them just now but no luck. Didn't  feel like starting a new game. Like I mentioned orico and kilgil or something like that. If it helps they both have a 0 rating.

You know I went to another chess site and won 2 of 3. But I didn't like it! I'm a creature of habit. I like yours. I suppose the big question would be, can these two cause the breaking of my server. I'm elderly and have no tech ability. If I knew they weren't  up to no good or rather could not do me any harm, heck they wouldn't bother me at all. I know how to block them out so I don't see their names hovering now. Have you any ideas on why it's  breaking down. I've  been playing off and on for some time now. Just when I hit 480 for grandmaster did I get my first broken server about 2 weeks or so ago. Maybe more? But around that long ago. And since then it's  happened a lot. I would take the loss in stride but it affects me when I play games when the server doesn't  break. I just can't  concentrate figuring it's going to happen any time. Any ideas. I probably haven't  talked this much in a long time. Thank you so much. And just knowing, you have concern over this eases my frazzled mind!

Yours,  dancat 
Yep, those 2...

Again, to confirm to you, they are 
not
 Moderator's.  The red symbols by their names are 'Do Not Disturb' signs, all paying members have this feature.

I very much it is them that are disconnecting you, I find it hard to believe.

Remember, you can always mute them :)

I hope yo see you in the Chess lobby soon.
Thanks ever so much for your help. I'm  completely satisfied now thanks to you! See you at the tables!
Afraid they have my number, those two. Every other rapid game the server breaks down. Never does with blitz. But they rarely go to blitz. They are good at what they do! Thank you for trying to help. Hate to leave but no choice. Rapid was my game. Might still try blitz but no good at it.