« Back to All Topics
Modest proposal to improve Chess platform!
Posted in 
Chess
Posted in 
Chess
Hi, 

I began to play rapid chess on this website 15 years ago when I was 10 years old and I remember it was hard to become "red"..! In december 2021 I came back here to see how I have improved in chess, and I became "red" very quickly (approximatively 1800 ELO I think)!!
So, my point is I think you should add more colored levels to distinguish high rated players. It would certainly make your chess platform more attractive!
So thank you flyordie to have contributed to make me become the quite good chess player that I am today!! I hope you will update your chess platform!

Cordially,
Max alias maxou82-31
Hi 
Interesting proposal but I think red indicates grand master and therefore I believe the only thing that distinguishes this is the crown . 
I have been many colours depending how much I fancy playing from grey to the crown . Thing is it's all just a ruff guidine . Iv played nearly zero ranked players and had hard hard games and iv played yellows and been shocked at there play and bit in a good way . I do find all reds to be hard games and anything above 800 very difficult . I stopped playing for competition after I encountered so many prog users . They often use for first 10 plus moves and at the highest level it's a bore . I'm a IM in the real world and we all luv flyordie as it's such a great platform. 
For me in happy with the rating scheme but nice idea . Thanks have a great day