« Back to All Topics
STAUNTON PIECES
Posted in 
Chess
STAUNTON PIECES
Posted in 
Chess
STAUNTON PIECES
Hi Masters. please could You change the pieces from the chess board for STAUNTON Pieces? Thanks
I second that!
These modern pieces are horrible. I already lost a few games  (in the blitz room, that is) because when I glanced over the board I saw a king where actually a rook was. Please please please gimme Staunton...
Yes, please. There is a site I know of, that has a great layout of pieces. It's called "worldwinners", and I beleive that if you were to make the pieces somewhat like theirs it would cause less confusion. Of course, there really isn't anything wrong with the current ones, but it is kinda... unique is how I should it.
I third that!

Okay, these pieces are really not that great and all. so maybe we could have a Staunton room, just so we pro's (not saying I am) could have a great time!

Chess Bot
I OBJECT!!

The modern pieces are just fine. The differance between king and rook is that they move different and look different and usually you can't take a king.
haveing just started a topic on a similar vien i am adding my voice to the clammer for an alternative set of pieces

Cheers & beers
rh
@Why: It really wouldn't hurt to have an optional alternative set of pieces. This current set is really debatable to if it is good or not. Most of my friends don't even know what the pieces are until I explain it to them. Honestly, I'm positive if it was even just a feature for the subscribers it would work out and be more popular then the current one.
I feel your concern.  I remember when I first started out on this site, I couldnt play a decent game for the first few days the pieces were so bad.  However, now I'm used to the design, its not so bad and as such, I don't propose that the pieces should be changed, instead there should be an option in your profile area where you can decide whether you want a different type of pieces.
This topic gave me a smile. I remember when I first played on FlyorDie - I just hated the piece's appearance but became used to it after a while. I suppose it says something about this site that I kept coming back despite the strange looking pieces.

Anybody who has done a bit of studying with chess books will probably find that the pieces look a bit odd at first.