Forums » Chess
CHEATING with engines
Replies: 29   Pages: 2   Most recent reply posted by: Xanthe (Mar 20, 2007 3:55 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 29   Pages: 2   [ Go: 1 2 » ]
Xanthe

CHEATING with engines Posted: Mar 20, 2007 3:55 PM
I hope that soon all players marked with a computer next to their names will be banned. The administration of flyordie should repeat that every month, until there are no more cheaters. Play fair or go play checkers.

± Ĝ®αлð ЩåŜΨΣ® ±

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Mar 22, 2007 3:28 AM
The programs are valid on this site. >

$ocom.1

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 11, 2007 12:41 AM
> I hope that soon all players marked with a computer
> next to their names will be banned. The
> administration of flyordie should repeat that every
> month, until there are no more cheaters. Play fair or
> go play checkers.

> Leocad used a program to beat me in a game. He told
> me that he was using a program but I lost... Please,
> ban him... He is a cheater although having 20 points.

Read Chess Rules...

Using a computer to decide your moves in a board game on FlyOrDie is allowed.
FlyOrDie members have the right to know if they are playing against a computer. Therefore FlyOrDie uses a system to detect suspected program use, which will be indicated on the concerned players' info screen with a small icon.

That's okay if he uses a program.

Next time bud read the rules!!!

Xanthe

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 20, 2007 10:30 AM
Well I know that and if they mention that in their info, I won't have any problems with that. But as you know, about 90% doesn't do that, so it is not clear then whether somebody is using a progam or not and that's no fair in my opinion.

± Ĝ®αлð ЩåŜΨΣ® ±

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 20, 2007 4:35 PM
ALL REDS USE PROGRAM, SO DONT PLAY REDS IF U DONT LIKE TO PLAY AGAINST A PROGRAM

Mr Immortal

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 20, 2007 5:15 PM
whats that computer thing mean anyways

jog007

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 20, 2007 6:27 PM
Means they use a program (most likely). Don't ask how, but somehow this site claims to be able to detect if someone is using one. I would be interested as to how they do that...

Mr Immortal

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 21, 2007 12:38 PM
ty jog

Paulotto

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 22, 2007 2:54 PM
You can`t prevent som players from doing that. You have to live with.

bbb lll aaa

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Apr 27, 2007 5:39 PM
programs are allowed in this website i dont know what r u on about m8

Lex Talionis

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: May 7, 2007 6:52 PM
I've seen a few people complain about "cheating" and I've had my accounts marked as "may use computer" (I don't).

Do you realise the difference in playing strength between really good players and beginners? I suspect that a lot of "cheats" are just better players.

Honestly, I don't see how Fly Or Die could have the slightest clue who has a computer and who doesn't.

I've also been insulted once by somebody I beat. The things is, they played badly - really badly but just bleated on about computers when they should have been studying opening or tactics.

Years ago I played a lot at club level and remember watching players from Eastern Europe take on anybody for one pound sterling per game 5 minutes at a Hastings, UK tournament. They played like demons. They would easily wipe the floor with 95% of players on this site.

odion789

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Jun 9, 2007 9:18 PM
i can tell you how did they do that:
1. to use a chesssoftwere (like fritz 6-10,or chessmaster or...)is very easy they just open another window with the chessprogram and play exact the same moves like the computer and against the computer they play your moves the system of FoD works in that principe that they can detect when a player switch to often his window of FoD and another(to play the move of the computer)but this system is a big **** because maybe i wanna talk to a frind in msn and i must switch over to the msn window and when i do that to often the system think that i use chesssoftwere

odion789

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Jun 9, 2007 9:21 PM
i can tell you how did they do that:
1. to use a chesssoftwere (like fritz 6-10,or chessmaster or...)is very easy they just open another window with the chessprogram and play exact the same moves like the computer and against the computer they play your moves the system of FoD works in that principe that they can detect when a player switch to often his window of FoD and another(to play the move of the computer)but this system is a big **** because maybe i wanna talk to a frind in msn and i must switch over to the msn window and when i do that to often the system think that i use chesssoftwere

Lex Talionis

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Jun 11, 2007 12:06 AM
[Watch the rules of use, thanks]

@odion789

"they just open another window with the chessprogram and play exact the same moves like the computer ..."

Are you kidding me?

There is no way that you can play 2 games at once (one compter, one against human) at blitz speed while switching bteween windows.

If a computer comes up with some deep tactical idea in a time scramble then that is worse than useless because without understanding the position, you are probably lost. In a time scramble, a computer would just be a distraction.

There are lots of strong players at FlyorDie. Just accept it. It is *possible* that you may come across a computer assisted player in 20 minute chess but I suspect that this unusual in practice.

[Edited by: Mervin on 23.06.2007 11:50]

± Ĝ®αлð ЩåŜΨΣ® ±

Re: CHEATING with engines Posted: Jun 11, 2007 9:11 PM
"There is no way that you can play 2 games at once (one compter, one against human) at blitz speed while switching bteween windows."

IM SORRY Lex Talionis BUT IT IS POSSIBLE. THE REDS THAT USE PROGRAM (LIKE ME :$) PLAY 2 GAMES, ONE IN FOD AND THE OTHER IN THE CHESS PROGRAM, AND I PLAY IN BLITZ, SO ITS POSIBLE THAT A PERSON CAN SWITCH WINDOWS, IN EACH MOVE AND FASTER. AND ALL THE REDS USE PROGRAM.

Replies: 29   Pages: 2   [ Go: 1 2 » ]
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page