« Back to All Topics
cheats
Posted in 
Chess
cheats
Posted in 
Chess
cheats
can any one tell me if people really do cheat ie do they have software to predict next moves
I don't know about cheats but there sure are a lot of sore losers out there. I suspect that most of the 'cheats' are actually just strong players. I've been accused of cheating by somebody a while ago was an 
atrocious
 chess player. If there is cheating software out there, can anybody point to a web source as evidence (no, I don't want the software; I'm just curious.)
There are cheat, people simply can use chess engines
such as Fritz 11.. you can tell with other chess program on "how well people play" but the FF Admins have to install some stuff for that
i just wanna say... dont give up play here, cause still many players not use chess engine :), if u meet again... consider as practice with very strong player to improve your skill.
An update to my earlier post. I was watching a game between two reasonably strong players at 2 minute chess today. One player was clearly on top and proceeded to win. The other player cried 'cheat'. Funny thing is the winner had missed a simple 3 move back row mate. Strange behaviour for a 'computer' eh?

.....some players surely use computer aid , - but more
serious is how some can " manage " their time. In 1 , 2 or
5 min games , every second counts. Some players seem to
be able to "fix"  it so that they allways get " extra " time
so they simply can not lose on time. I dont buy the so
called " time lag" excuse for players that behave like
that.
              best / ....pilot
Is not cheating use program to play, read the rules!!!!
I play here since 2005 and I can tell you has been tough.Especially for a player like me that has hit the 600 points mark and usually stays around 500.I'm obligated to check every time opponents stats,and I'm frequently frustrated when I'm obligated to test my skills with a cheater.The most dissapointing thing is that here,as Im informed cheating is legal.Maybe this is because they don't have what it takes to prevent it.Almost all "grandmasters" here are kids with rybka or just adult people who have been losers all their life and for me is really hard to have faith and play against a player of my caliber.I have given up many times on playing here but then again I have come back from time to time.It's really sad that such a nice playing site can't do something about this.I bet it would become highly popular in chess circles if all the losers around would be obligated to use their little knowledges about the game.
Another crying baby that dosent like programs, go play in another site if you dont like programs.
 Just to add something is that people call me a cheat for winning 20 Matches in a row. Then I lost maybe 10. Just because anyone beats you or makes you give up till you drop or beg till they drop and you dont accept there draw or them coming up with a excuse "I need to go to bed" The only way you cant trust them is ask for a draw and see if they go if they dont go never give up to them. I personally hate being called a cheat just because i dont lose a easily as others might do,

Regards :™Unbeatablee™ 
I don't mind losing fair and square but you should not be allowed to use computer aided software!! it is all about human knowledge and error, not what some computer decides to play for you. You should be informed prior to playing an opponent whether they use computer software and have the choice to play or not. I have ranged from 150 to 390 and enjoy a good fair game but I'm wondering whether to use this site any longer as I'm sick deception.  
chess programs are unbeatable so using a chess program should be considered cheating unfortunately the site allows it.i saw a chess match in about 1998 by someone using a program and a professional chess champion.it was untimed and took about 6hours and ended in a stalemate.nowadays computer have got way more advanced & work a lot quicker.if the next move is an obvious move and the most logical move to make then it can be predicted without software.im guessing programs can predict your moves.I dont use programs and never have.havnt won much on this site but occasionally i win a game.the old fashion way to predict a move was to watch your opponents eyes and see what there looking at.
I'm not very computer savvy, so I don't know how certain cheating is done, but I'll explain what happens to me sometimes. Sometimes I play a match and get down to the last move where I'm about to checkmate my opponent. All of a sudden, my screen goes blank. I understand that connections are sometimes severed, but the frequency with which this happens when I'm within one move of checkmate leads me to believe something funny is going on. It's no big deal, if you wanna play serious chess, you shouldn't do it on the computer anyway. I don't let it bother me, I just play another game. If you wanna see more about cheating, just google "flyordie chess cheating" and all sorts of things will appear for you to click on. There's plenty out there.
whats the fun of using a program you dont learn anything try to use your brain or you will go braindead very soon
This site is full of engine users, all the people saying why cheat it doesn't help, grow up this site is not for education and trying to improve your chess skills its for sad sacks to try and be players they are not. you can tell them a mile off 1 they take an age to make their first move. 2 most subsequent moves take usually the same time even simple main line opening moves and castling. 3 they make deep moves that kasparov would take a while to see. You need to take this site for what it is and not treat it seriously.
No good will ever come for cheaters. They don't learn a thing. Play chess irl, they get beaten flat. I myself find playing chess cheats that play sharp moves and get knocked out in 10 to 15 moves is ridiculous. You see these players rating with a ~xxx knocking out players rated above 400 in all their matches until they get beaten by another program user. I can keep up playing against rybka, but not against newer proggies.

Go die you program users!