« Back to All Topics
time cheating
Posted in 
Chess
time cheating
Posted in 
Chess
time cheating
Until now I thought time cheating was impossible. I am a real fast player doing up to 3 moves per second. Today I played one where there clock started moving after 10 moves !!!!! And between each move i got the msg 

player xxxxx reconnected ..... 

so he must have lost connection and was reconnected. And this without usinf any time . Very strange. 

Can anybody explain??? 

Regards ................ Azur0609  
Do admins read this forum ???? They should be able to explain behaviours like this .... 
There are some "players", who instead of playing chess, try to find points in the system that can be abused.

We have given alleviation for those who disconnect unintentionally, such that the time does not run when they are disconnected. Unfortunately this can be abused, as you have experienced yourself.

Thus we are changing the system so that time will run even of you disconnect unintentionally.

As it is quite easy to detect such behaviour based on the "player xxxxx reconnected" caption, you can put these on your mute list, and send screenshot to the moderators.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

OP
thx - that was a good and exact explanation. This is exactly what some people do. I personally exerienced it several times with user -nicaragua-

Again thx for your help 

Azur
The player "-Nicaragua-" do that to in bullet rooms of chess