« Back to All Topics
Did my topic get deleted?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Can anyone tell me what has happened to my topic. I see that some people get deleted for being rude, but I can not think that anything I have said in my topic has been rude. If something has been written by me that some one has taken an offence to then I do truly apologise. Maybe a moderator can enlighten me to what has happened. The topic was about 'why do older players get so much abuse'.I have met so many nice people who have commented on this topic who have told me that it is not just a problem that older players have. I know that this may sound daft to some but I have enjoyed hearing the comments. So if anyone can enlighten me please do as I really would like to continue chatting on here.
Eh Grandma Don't mean to sound harsh but u might as well get used to it, Don't matter whether its a good topic or not but some Mods get trigger happy just like in the games. No offence MOds :p At least thats what I have come to see  and been told by some peeps. But anyways I'm sorry your post got deleted Was a very good post. I wish you good luck in ur further post you do Grams.
Thank you Nasty girl. Maybe I will start another topic about how many 'nice' people are on here instead, because as a result of my last topic I found that there are a very nice group of people who play on Flyordie.
Although your post has been deleted, it certainly served its purpose (70+ respondents)and highlighted a lot of interesting issues.
Jus a sec gramma ill copy offtopic post

The original post might be the problem it might be the posts that follow. True FlyOrDie does delete singal posts but if all posts in topic seemed to get banned they will bann whole topic for only produsing "harmfull" messages.

If you don not beilive sombody who isnt "old enogh" to be a MOD plz go to dear MOD forum and read the post jingle started which was responded to by a MOD.

Keep on  posting granny ....enjoyed your last post and so did many others judging by the amount of replys it got.... as ive said in a previous post ,its a shame a good post should be removed because of a few mindless idiots ....
Keep posting gramma, You didnt say ne thing rude :)
To all moderators
Please can a moderator tell me what happened to my post as people are saying that I had done nothing or said nothing wrong.I am just puzzled by all this.
Maybe if you can explain to me why this has happened then I can avoid making the same mistake again. I look forward to hearing from you.
I love all the dreamers, I`ve been one of them dreaming that I can change something. Eh, a girl can dream!!!!
Doc Jingle, how have you been lately?
apparently gramma dosent believe in a "child" so i will qoute a MOD.

Mλgιcιλη 

Re: Question for the mods  Posted: Aug 30, 2003 12:21 AM  

I may be able to shed some light on that question. In forum topics in which a single inappropriate post appears, only the offensive post is usually deleted. Topics that seem to draw post after post that require deleting, or a thread that degenerates into a flame war are likely to be removed altogether. In some cases, the offensive posts are removed and the topic locked to prevent further offensive posts.

In simpler terms, if a topic is requiring lots of deletions (read: hassles) then it is likely to get nuked. Like all moderation activity, it is subject to each moderator's level of tolerance.

I agree that a well meaning topic should not be spoiled by a few "shallow minded people." But you need to take that up with the spoilers.

FlyOrDie Moderator

There from a MOD!
Sniper, I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean. A moderator spoke with me earlier today and they said that they could find no reason why my topic had been deleted, also there were no emails to say why it had been deleted. I am a supporter for moderators, they have a difficult job to do, trying to keep all the people happy can be very hard, moderators have always been very helpful to me.
Sometimes the moderators make mistakes but they are only human. Who ever deleted my post must have had their reason for doing this, it would have been nice to have known the reason why but it looks as if I will never know that now. I look forward to starting a new topic soon.
If ppl keep posying bad stuff in your topic and a mod keeps having to delete it then you topic is claaified as a "trouble cause cause they keep having to tend to it so it gets deleted. And FOD doesnt send any emails for anything exept password change.
Gramma,
I'm sure the person who deleted ur topic has been reading this post also.
Would be nice if they'd give u a reply.
Instead of watching u wonder why???
Doubt they will tho... 

Keep on postin gramma:)
Tara xxx
sniper.
There were nearly 100 replies, and up to no 96 none to my knowledge to that point been deleted, all replies were good humoured so I don't think that the post was a problem, the topic had been running for some time with no problems. As I said I spoke with a moderator earlier today and they could find no reason for the topic to be deleted. Maybe it was deleted because it had been running some time.
To your knowledge somtimes the posts are only up for 5 mins befor deleting and if scotty posted it got deleted cause somebody dosent like scotty .
Im pretty sure, that your topic was deleted from people posting "Bad" posts and people replying to that "Bad" post is "Bad" manner.

DUCKY
Moderators are notified when a single post is removed but there is not an automatic email sent when an entire topic is deleted. (I am not able to explain why that is the case) So none of us would necessarily be aware if the entire topic had been deleted.

With that said, I remember the topic and I don't recall it being troublesome at all.

Contrary to the opinion of some, topics and posts are usually removed for good reason. So my guess is that the topic in question was deleted by mistake.

Mλgιcιλη
FlyOrDie Moderator
You can take some comfort granny ,the fact is everyone seems to like you,you only posted this yesterday and you have had an avalanche of replies allready lol ...
Thank you magician for your comments, I too think that it may have been deleted by mistake.
Thank you Jingle_Balls for your support too, always there with support(and your quick wit/humour).
Maybe this posting will prove as popular as the last one did.
im glad it was deleted u was talking on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, about the same boring thing, it was a waste of forum space, also the point made in the topic had been put across so then it got boring and deleted :D ty who ever deleted :D well done, i think u deserve an award for it :p

ty Matt :D 
Rocket if you have a problem with someones posts being boring when you see there name at the start of  the thread dont read it no one forces you to click on the thread and read it :)

Forever.England Flyordie Moderator
Could not have said that better myself Forever.England

Hiya holly folly ,sorry missed ur post ,i wasnt lookin hard enough.....how are u? well i hope .....wishing you could change something? well maybe you should wish to become a moderator ....they can change anything they want (well in this forum anyway)lol.....JOKING MODS DONT BAN ME lol .....
All my life I was a moderator, but not a moderate person.
Sometimes is good to remember that every little thing matters and could bring something, is part of your life. I was a moderator without having exactly this title. I miss you, doc, I know exactly what I miss from you and I also know that I won`t make any effort to take something which will never be mine.
(Don`t worry, I am mumbling again...)