« Back to All Topics
Is it time for a rule change?
Posted in 
FODBall
Posted in 
FODBall
It has now got to the stage where some of us can score 5 out of 5 with the goalkeeper almost every game. Would anyone agree that a rule change is needed so that keeper cannot score?

Other variants could be:
* keeper can't score from a kick-off but it's okay in open play
* a player must pass with any new possession, irrelevant of which player it is (could make corners more interesting)
* To win you have to score 2 clear goals, for example 5-4 is NOT a win, but 6-4 or 7-5 etc. is.

What do you think?
I think the time limit for a shot should be reduced slightly maybe, if someone isn't playing right 30 seconds is quite a while.

Also i've noticed that when i have shot and it is landing on one of my players i use the view to sart changing the angle but as it starts the next shot im still moving the mouse so it ends up fouling the kick due to the fact it changes from view to kick on a change of shot.

Possibly make the goal slightly bigger and allow movement of the goalkeeper. 

As for the rules Beppe has proposed i agree with them totally. Especially the 2 goals ahead rule (as Beppe has stated the best players have learnt to score everytime with the goalkeeper, so it's just a case of who goes first wins.)
It's now at the stage where the better players mostly play low raters so that they don't risk losing (some exceptions). It appears that if two high ratings play, the first will win with 5 goal kicks and then run. Cruzeiro, f312g and a couple of others are willing to play no keeper shots, but most are just after points. To block the keeper from scoring might make the game more interesting for everyone, but I think it would be better to require a pass after free-kicks and corners as well. Let's encourage skill over luck!

Come on fod, reply. Oh wait a minute, I forgot that you don't often listen to people.
Is there any chance of an update? LOL, I never learn :|
ye i agree on the lastone u should have to win by two goals i agree :)
I've quit the dumb game a while back now, can someone let me know if the rules ever change please.
I'm not sure about any rule change, but I notice a slight update in the game... a little ring around the player in possesion! Lol:|.
Has the crowd noise changed too? I notice they sound more like hooligans now, making it more realistic :D.

Another thing (i'm not sure but i think they may have even listened to a suggesion i made on the forum a while back shock horror) is that i noticed when you have view mode on while the ball on your shot is moving and it goes to your player and the start of the next shot loads, it doesn't immediately highlight the kick button, it stays highlighted on view so you don't end up accidently shooting because your moving the camera angle, hope that makes sense it's a little hard to explain.
ya their has been an update... not only the ring around the players but also that it IS harder to score with the goalkeeper... alot of the time u just end up hitting the goal post