« Back to All Topics
A DELETED WORD LIST for FlyOrDie Player's. 
Dear Moderators and owner of this site, It's a royal pain in the behind to at times be frequently deleted, or deleted at all and censored. Since 2008 it must have happened only to me at least a few hundred times!! I tend to type fast, I often type a lot in one paragraph. It is ridiculously frustrating to be Deleted with words from you such as "Fine." Fine's not even an appropriate word for censorship. It's not fine, not at all. It is a waste of all of our time that has ever been deleted by your server. Okay, I get it, this is  Family Site. Fine, lol. But bloody heck, give us a list of every single possible word and/or word combinations that you will not allow here! Save us all the feeling's of annoyance of being hindered or criticized by censorship!! We do not even know what is acceptable and what is not. ie. Many times in life and here I say, "If you choose." I am always censored from using this word combination! What the heck can be wrong with this? Methinks nothing at all. I imagine that this request may be somewhat difficult, perhaps time-consuming to accomplish! If a Moderator or two could please reply to let us know if it is and if it is probable to happen. And, if not why not. Thanks! Happy 2019! With deep respect and affection, Just Judy 
Deep gratitude to Goddess. coming in reversi today. And, so fast too. Typed need a MOD and, Poof there She was! Thank you, Goddess. And for discussing this topic as well.  *((( Goddess. )))*. 

I would certainly agree with Judy, it's extremely frustrating. As she said, I will write a long message which gets deleted and I get a 'fine" or "beg pardon" and for what? I have no clue most times. So I try to write the same message and make subtle changes but noooo, it happens again and perhaps even once more until I just give up and am unable to say what I want. Sure there are obvious words that deserve to be banned but words like rod or r0d in case I can't write it here get bleeped. Really? So I guess I can't talk about fishing unless I say fishing pole. Why not at very least discontinue to monitor language in games. If someone says anything inappropriate, they can be reported and face the consequences but, short of that, how about doing away with the auto-censor. I would suggest the same for the lobby, as I said people can always report foul language. 
I join my voice to Judy's. She's absolutely right in every point she mentioned.
And if I might add one more thing, you're not only censoring our words but trying to do likewise with our thoughts. You telling me I can't use the word r0d because it has a hidden meaning. I can only think it may be because of a Johnson r0d  but I assure you that is not where a normal person's thoughts run. What shall I now call a fast car, a Hot R0d? Do you see where I'm going with this? You're trying to force how I look at a very common, oft used word in a much different way and that far exceeds censorship. And there are many other commonly used words that you also censor. Most people here do watch how they talk, there are children on this site, but we also monitor things and should we see someone using foul or derogatory language, we have the report option and we know how to use it. So why not remove the auto-censor and let us police ourselves in that regard. The moderators can still run the show and hand out demerits where warranted but might benefit from not having to deal with auto-censor. Just my thoughts and I hope others will add their comments. Come on folks, what are your thoughts?
Thank you doc. Right on every point! Wow, that's a first! Lol. 
But no answer from FlyOrDie. Sad.
Thanks, dear to my <3 Heart, good friend, seems like 4--ever! Lol. Love Ya'! :-p.

Judy 
Thank you for all TWO Replies, Chris! Lol------------ing. : ))*.
Hi!

i am german and it is sometimes very difficult for me to type in english. It happened that my messages did not appear, because i might have used one of the forbidden words - and I did not know which one and why. ;) 

For example, I don't know about any "hidden meanings" of words like "finnished" or "finnishing"...but such words seem not to be allowed?

Maybe the filter for some words or combinations of words is too strict?
Another example:

Today we were talking about the difference of english and german grammar. I was typing:

"in german we have he, she, it for things"

and

"in english it is allways it"

The second sentence was twice deleted and replaced with "I beg your pardon?" What was wrong with it?
"in english it is allways it"
look at the last 2 letters of english and it.
Thats why it has got silenced.

Schau dir die letzten 2 Buchstaben von english an und setz das it dazu.

Tommy
well, there is break in between ;) it should pass trough the filter.

But it really is s-h-i-t (poo) to silence such words, which are not meant to be mean at all. lol
Hello,

The priority and purpose of all gaming sites is to play. Such sites are not intended to make conversation "viternam aeternam", which justifies that it is'nt the priority to focus on grammar. Depending on the nationality, some words once translated have turned out to be disrespectful or tendentious. I do'nt think you're using that much to make it a real obstacle.
Regards and good fun.
One time I typed: 'He is the only player who respect me very much about my performance.' And the system banned this sentence. I struggled a while to find out what is the problem (5 mins I think). And I knew that XD. Tell me if you know what's the problem of this sentence ;)
Thank you, Tommy!

Regards, Judy
Hello there,

Allow me to disagree respectfully. At VOG aka Vinco Online Game site, vogclub.com The people's chat was as important to us as the games. that  Alexandre aka shura made it possible for us to see the Room Chat as well as what we typed in our games. Unusual? Yes. This site was and still remains the most sophisticated game site on the planet. I could tell you why, but, it would take a few pages. 

It is much smaller now, yet dear Russian Alexander keeps it open as it is his hobby.

On the other hand, the old Kurnick now known as playok.com removed the Lobby Chat. Different strokes for different folks!

Sure does seem complicated here. You MOD's have a lot to handle and only with a few. Thanks for creating The Forum. Seems it is working well. Giving us a voice. Thanks!
Best wishes,
Tessa