Forums » Requests/Suggestions
players using program
Replies: 7   Pages: 1   Most recent reply posted by: jvmar0754 (Apr 4, 2021 5:29 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 7   Pages: 1  
jvmar0754

players using program Posted: Apr 4, 2021 5:29 PM
Recently I noticed that in the chess rooms there are a lot of players using programs. This is not fair and you should provide a defense against these players who cheat.

Şɳõῳ L̤ę̇őράŗɗ

Re: players using program Posted: Apr 5, 2021 11:51 PM
2. Cheating

Using a computer to decide your moves in a board game (specifically chess, checkers, reversi, gomoku, nine men's morris, go, four in a row, pente and backgammon) on FlyOrDie is allowed.
FlyOrDie members have the right to know if they are playing against a computer. Therefore FlyOrDie uses a system - including analysis of client computing environment - to detect suspected program use, which will be indicated on the concerned player's info screen with a small icon [!].

http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/moderation.html

BUT

• Using a computer or any kind of assistance to decide your moves in a board game, is strictly prohibited in all tournaments.

http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/tournamentModeration.html

Şɳõῳ L̤ę̇őράŗɗ

FOD-GOD

Re: players using program Posted: Apr 6, 2021 11:02 AM
They do provide a defence. They mark use players with a sign which says "players might use a program".

《.¢ℓαяк кєหŦ.》

Re: players using program Posted: Apr 6, 2021 11:37 AM
hi
prog is allowed

F†W Undisputed

Re: players using program Posted: Apr 7, 2021 3:21 AM
In my mind programs are a form of cheating. Anyone who disagrees is incredibly deluded and probably uses one.
Programs are precisely why I do NOT play the board games here.

Şɳõῳ L̤ę̇őράŗɗ

Re: players using program Posted: Apr 7, 2021 12:19 PM
> In my mind programs are a form of cheating.

You are right. The reason programs are allowed is that developers don't know how to 100% detect them.

It would be too big an injustice to have players who use a program that is not very strong but powerful enough to win over almost everyone without being noticed.

Şɳõῳ L̤ę̇őράŗɗ

MД§TΞ®MIΠĐ

Re: players using program Posted: Apr 9, 2021 9:22 AM
Surely it would be easy enough to implement the same kind of system, chess.com & lichess use for analyzing the games for accuracy. It's pretty obvious who the program users are then when they always have 90% + accuracy. Nobody can play to anywhere near that level.

F†W Undisputed

Re: players using program Posted: Apr 9, 2021 10:00 PM
It's highly infuriating losing to someone just because they're using a third party software to tell them how to play. Like..it literally tells the player where to place his pieces. That to me is not a game, it's just time wasting. Like why would anyone want to play a game where they only win based on the fact a program thinks for them? Think about how sad that actually is..

The fact there's no prevention system for it, or so it would seem there isn't is just saddening. This isn't a new or recent problem, it's been a problem since before I played here back in 2007.

Replies: 7   Pages: 1  

Back to Topic List      Top of the page